Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > X83Vm  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Installing more ram?? New Topic
RudeDog1
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/30/2009 1:27:00 AM # 1
Hi everyone! I recently joined the club andpurchased an X83Vm-X2. I was wondering what the best way to open the laptop case to install more ram would be, or possibly install a bigger hd or change the wifi card.

I dont want to go scratching this gem up without knowing the procedure ;)

So send the schematics or directions with pics if you got it or not, THANK YOU ASUS!!! - GREAT MACHINE!! LOVE IT

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
*rudedog*
Kenneth
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 61
Posted:4/30/2009 10:05:00 AM # 2

Hi rudedog1,

I have a different notebook but my guess is, the underside should have the same type of cover.  You should best check out your manual (that should have come with the laptop) then just take out the screws of the cover where the memory chips are located (would probably expose the CPU as well). 

Make sure that the laptop is turned off ok! 

It would also be a good idea to ensure you buy the same type of memory chips... I am not sure if you have 2 memory chips already installed or just 1 (you will see this when you remove the cover).

One other alternative is to just bring it to ASUS and let them do it so you won't void any kind of warranty if you are not sure about the procedure.

Hope this helps!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.