Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Splendid with Windows 7 New Topic
Phuc
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/27/2009 3:08:00 PM # 1
Hi all!
I have a problem when I install Splendid on Windows 7 "uiVista failed with error 2: The system cannot find the file speccified "
How to fix this problem to make splendid run on Windows 7 ?
Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Lum
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/19/2009 4:30:00 AM # 2
I can confirm, i have the same problem. Tried also to install with compatibility mode (vista sp1), that didn't worked either.

Used version: 1.02.25

Littlebit more information:
Error after the requested reboot when installed software:
ACMON Error - Failed to close registery key!

Posted:7/25/2009 12:09:00 AM # 3
Splendid not support for win 7, hic

fastleo63
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:10/25/2009 9:53:00 PM # 4
I successfully installed Splendid on my F3 Notebook, Windows 7 Professional RTM.
Note that for full functionality, you have to install, prior to Splendid utility, at least these three components:
ATKHOTKEY
ATKMEDIA
ATKOSD2

CASE / PSU: Antec Sonata III / TruePower New TP-650 | MB: ASUSTeK Sabertooth 990FX BIOS 1604 | CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.4 GHz (NB @ 2.6 GHz) | Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | RAM: G.Skill 24 GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-8-21-1T | HDD: SSD 256GB SanDisk Extreme + 3 TB HW RAID5 (HighPoint RocketRAID 4310 SAS adapter) | VGA: ASUSTeK Radeon R9 270 DirectCu II OC | O.S.: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:10/26/2009 3:18:00 PM # 5

Have done a successful clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS notebook computer.  It works perfectly.

Windows 7 contains the necessary drivers in itself.  You don’t need to install the drivers.  When the installation of Windows 7 is completed, use Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

Also, install the following Windows 7 drivers and utilities.  Everything will work properly.

ATK0100 ACPI Driver

ATK_MEDIA Utility

ATK_Hotkey Utility

ASUS ATKOSD2 Utility

ATK Generic Function Utility

ASUS Data Security Manager Utility (also for fingerprint logon)

Life Frame Utility

Power4 Gear Hybrid Utility

ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology

Keyboard Device Filter Utility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=K50IN

Fingerprint driver and utility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Fingerprint

ITE remote controller application

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=ITE

Good luck!!

B
Level :
Posted:10/31/2009 5:25:00 AM # 6
Willy, Thanks for taking the time to list the drivers with links, much appreciated. Most of the drivers self install, but the hotkey utility wants me to extract the files, and I'm not sure of the destination. I'll do my best :) B

Ray
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:11/29/2009 11:25:00 PM # 7
Wow, thankyou for the Info, I wanted to try Windows 7 too. One more question, which better using Windows 7 or Vista. I'd use XP now.

IRM_02446
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:12/23/2009 4:59:00 AM # 8
I just last week purchased the N81vp-D2 notebook, which is pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium. I, too, have encountered this "uiVista failed" error message but only when logged into Windows as a secondary user (regardless of whether the user is designated an "administrator" or "standard" user). In addition to seeing this error message when running the Splendid utility by double-clicking its desktop shortcut, the associated hot key does not function at all. Similarly, the Power4Gear hot key does not function. However, when logged in as the primary user (first account created in Windows), these utilities function perfectly as do the hot keys. Asus tech support instructed me to perform a system restore and then use the recovery disks to roll back the machine. Neither of these solutions solved the problem. The drivers appear to be loaded correctly since the apps and hot keys function normally when logged in as the primary user. Asus tech support suggested by phone that it could be a hardware problem and that I should return the laptop to them. I've decided instead to swap it for a new unit from my reseller and see if the problem re-occurs. Given what I've now read online, I'm not optimistic. It sure sounds like a software/OS problem, doesn't it?

bianco
Level :
Posted:1/16/2014 10:36:00 AM # 9
I had the same issue with my R512CA after downgrading from Win8 to Win7/32.>I was able to find all drivers except the keyboard device filter on the asus homepage.>Even after installing everzthing, doubleclicking the Splendid Icon on the desktop either gave me the errormessage shown above or did not do anything at all.>I made it finally working by moving ACEngSvr.exe and ACMON.exe from \Program Files\ASUS\Splendid into the windows autostart section.>I don't know if less efforts would also lead to that result but it works fine on me.>The only thing that is susicious is, that the splendid app open completely when I use the Fn+"Splendid" Hotkey. I don't know if this is the normal behavior but I would have expected ust to switch between the modes when hitting the key. Prehaps this is even the normal behavior, I never tried it out with the pre-installed Win8.>

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.