ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > F6V  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Desktop icons disappeared New Topic
Paul
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/3/2009 9:02:00 PM # 1
My F6V had a funny issue. When I login to my account, initially the icons appeared for a second or two. Then the screen refreshed and the icons disappeared. I tried to refresh the screen but no result. I had to right click the desktop, deselect the "Show Desktop Icon" and then re-select the "Show Desktop Icon" again. Now the icons appeared. But each time I login again, the same problem happened. Has anyone had this problem? If so what can I do to overcome this?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
rychas
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/3/2009 9:12:00 PM # 2
The same thing happened to me when I installed a newer version of Power4Gear Extreme. I don't know if your problem is related, but click your Power Management button (next to the wireless icon), then "More Energy Options" and then, on the left menu, Power4Gear. Check if your current power state has the Hide Icons or Presentation Mode turned on. If so, turn them off.

Paul
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/4/2009 5:58:00 PM # 3

Many thanks for the suggestion. I've done exactly what you said and yes, it worked! Thanks again...

brtl
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/11/2009 6:22:00 AM # 4
(After edit: this is pretty much what rychas said, sorry)

The solution to this problem is to adjust the power/performance mode 'Quiet Office' from within Power4Gear. Select 'no' to 'hide icons' and the problem is gone. Credit for this solution from my perspective goes to 'Mister_Apocalypse' on the 'bleepingcomputer.com' forum. Link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic167506.html

I absolutely do not understand what made Asus decide to make the availability of icons, part of a power profile. I would appreciate if Asus would quickly issue a fix to get rid of this wonderful feature.

I found it quite hard to figure out why, after logging in, desktop icons appear for a second and then disappear, especially after you've just been installing and configuring a lot of software on your new laptop.

ldana
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/12/2009 3:01:00 PM # 5
Thank you rychas. That helped me, too.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.