ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards > Xonar DX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Xonar DX Vista 32/64 modded drivers New Topic
bigeyes0x0
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 41
Posted:2/28/2009 10:28:00 PM # 1
Today, I modded the latest Xonar Essence STX driver 6.12.8.1762 for my Xonar DX onVista 64bit. All goes well on my system and I guess some of you might be interested in it. So here it is. I did it according to the guide found here, thanks to NiukNiuk and ppl involved. It should work on Vista 32bit, too.

BTW all of my Xonar DX modded drivers are here. Beside this, the original driver by C-Media for Oxygen HD chip, that Xonar family use, is there.

I will likely continue to do the modding as it seems like ASUS fail to support their past audio cards.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
rydeordie99
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/28/2009 10:57:00 PM # 2
I was just going to make a post in this forum about this as i did this this morning.  I still cannot believe that ASUS is not updating the drivers for this card officially.

Im on Windows 7 x64 Beta Build 7000 and i have no problems with modding the Essence STX drivers to use on the DX.  The driver date on this is Jan 09 something compared to the July date of the offcial DX ones.

Thank you for making these available.

NiukNiuk
Level :
Tech Points : 37
Posted:3/1/2009 2:22:00 AM # 3

You're welcome ^^

I only followed the advices given by Cladisch in his posts, when I made this quick guide :)

BTW: where did you download the latest C-Media drivers for the oxygen HD chip ?

bigeyes0x0
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 41
Posted:3/1/2009 9:51:00 AM # 4
@NiukNiuk: Here you go C-Media driver page. It seems like C-Media has some closed deal with ASUS, as it seems like only ASUS is the one getting the latest version of driver from them.

NiukNiuk
Level :
Tech Points : 37
Posted:3/1/2009 5:38:00 PM # 5
Thank you !

Emopunk
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/2/2009 12:57:00 AM # 6
Thank you very much guys for this incredible work!!
I am now using them on Vista x64.

I hope people at Asus knows that one of the reasons to buy hardware from someone is getting proper software support..

Problem.: Still with this latest version I am unable to use the Mic under Vista x64. The latest version with whom it's possible stays 6.12.8.1738

Cooler Master Rc-690 - Core 2 Duo E8200 - DFI LP DK P35-T2RS - PSU Corsair HX520W - G.Skill 2x2GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ - 2x WD Caviar 320GB 16MB - Pioneer 215D BLACK - Sapphire HD3870 - Asus Xonar DX - Logitech Z-2300 - UPS Mustek Powermust 800VA Pro - Samsung T220 - Logitech MX500 - Icemat - Logitech Media Keyboard
freakypriest
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/3/2009 2:12:00 AM # 7
I did this, too.
The current version in the DX download section has more bugs than the previous version. But the new version which you can get with this driver mod seems like to have all these bugs fixed.

davies
Level :
Tech Points : 21
Posted:3/3/2009 8:08:00 AM # 8
This is great, thanks a lot.

My resume from S3 bug is now gone.

I have no idea why ASUS don't release the drivers officially to all customers, people get put off by bad drivers, which is why so many jumped from Creative to ASUS.

Seriously ASUS, you need to sort out your customer experience. these forums could do with an overhaul, they're a very poor type of forum. as in a phbb would be 10x better.

Please anyone who works for ASUS, get them to officially release these drivers for all your xonar cards.

Emopunk
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/3/2009 6:22:00 PM # 9

Do you people have problems with microphone and latest drivers (including these modded ones) on Vista x64?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Cooler Master Rc-690 - Core 2 Duo E8200 - DFI LP DK P35-T2RS - PSU Corsair HX520W - G.Skill 2x2GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ - 2x WD Caviar 320GB 16MB - Pioneer 215D BLACK - Sapphire HD3870 - Asus Xonar DX - Logitech Z-2300 - UPS Mustek Powermust 800VA Pro - Samsung T220 - Logitech MX500 - Icemat - Logitech Media Keyboard
Dept
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/4/2009 3:49:00 AM # 10
No problems here. Except I cannot seem to get vocal fx working.
What kind of problems are you experiencing?

1 2 3 4  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.