Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/20/2009 12:37:00 PM # 1
I just built a new i7 core system using Windows 7:

P6T Deluxe (version 1)
i7 920 Nahelem
6gb DDR3 Corsair RAM (TR3X6G1600C9)
EVGA GTX 295
300gb WD Raptor

I don't have Windows Vista (and won't buy it) but I plan on buying Windows 7.  This beta seems very stable and works great on my old machine as well (better than XP).

Anyway, my problem is that I have been able to install many of the Vista 64 bit drivers for things such as the SoundMax Integrated HD Audio drivers for the integrated sound and X58 Intel chipset drivers and those work great but....

Obviously since I am on the internet the LAN drivers are working, but the drivers that Windows 7 picked are ancient and ones that Windows update provides causes my computer to hang and there are none here to download off of this site that work.  Maybe it doesn't really matter but I have this thing about making sure all my drivers are updated.

The current drivers that Windows 7 install put on are:   11.0.2.3 dated 6/21/2006

The driver install says "ERROR: This installer contains no drivers for Windows (64 bit)" 
They are listed as the Windows 64 bit drivers:

Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Driver V10.22.4.3 for Windows XP/64bit XP/ Vista/ 64bit Vista.(WHQL).

Can I get some updated 64 bit drivers that might work please?

Also, if you guys could start working with Microsoft or something to get all your driver updates into Windows Update for Windows 7 that sure would make my life easier...

Also... not having a working ASUS Probe utility in Windows 7 sucks.  It wouldn't install. I had it in XP for my A8N SLI board and I like being able to see temps and such.

Also... I can't figure out what these are but they look like I just dont' have all the drivers for this motherboard that I should have:

http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95151601mx3.jpg

I tried searching these forums but either the search function is broken or there really is no one with Windows 7 yet that has posted here. 

EDIT:  I just tried to do the windows update for the LAN driver again and it worked (the driver file says 8/15/2007 which is newer at least....) ...
and now for some reason it gave me this error:  "Error 80070103"   when trying to update the "Marvell Inc.  Storage Virtual Device" drivers (which weren't there before).   SS: http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss2rl6.jpg

I guess since everything seems to be working fine I can sit around and wait for drivers to come out but it sure bugs me to see it all like this...  Especially after installing Windows 7 on my   A8N SLI board / 8800 GTS / 4gb RAM / 2.3ghz dual core athlon 64  without any hitches.  The damn thing installed ALL updated drivers for everything on it's own!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
kezix
Level :
Posted:2/21/2009 12:21:00 AM # 2
I found some answers in another thread.  It's too bad the search function didn't work or I wouldn't have wasted forum space.

here is a link to the thread I am going to take my issues to:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090112030509784&board_id=1&model=P6T+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I haven't tried what is listed in there but a few people appear to have figured out the solution.

1337pete
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/21/2009 4:59:00 PM # 3
Version 10.66.4.3 of the Vista 64-bit driver works perfectly for me in Win7.  It can be found at Marvell's site here: http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do

I don't use ASUS Probe, but I've installed other problem software by right-clicking the executable, choosing properties clicking the Compatibility tab and changing it to Vista.

Asus P6T Deluxe (1303) | Core i7 920@4.1GHz | TRUE Black + Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 (push/pull) | 6GB Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 | eVGA GTX 285 | Corsair 1000HX | Thermaltake Armor+ | Dell 2408WFP LCD | 300GB Velociraptor + 2TB Samsung | Vista SP2 x64 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ Asus Maximus Formula (1302) | C2Q 9450@3.4GHz | Noctua NH-U12P + NF-P12 (push/pull) | 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-800 | eVGA 9800GX2 | Antec TPQ 1000W | Antec 900 | Samsung 206BW | 150GB Raptor | Windows 7 x64
Fonts
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/22/2009 12:45:00 AM # 4
what are you smoking?

kezix
Level :
Posted:2/27/2009 11:39:00 PM # 5
What is who smoking and why? 

Spekkio
Level :
Posted:2/28/2009 10:14:00 AM # 6
I have encountered many compatibility issues with Windows 7, BUT, like 1337pete says, if you choose the option in the compatibility tab and change it to Vista, everything installs like a charm. I already installed my video card, printer, mobo, etc drivers this way and everything is working beautifully in windows 7. I'm very happy with this mobo.

Fonts
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/28/2009 1:35:00 PM # 7
"I have encountered many compatibility issues with Windows 7 " Care to be specific? I have encounter perhaps one or two issues which were at installation and were where some programs set a specific "Launch Check". The most visible example IMHO is "Lightscribe" which does a stupid check...but a 2s use of free MS tool allows you to change this to 601. Or a quick google search will lead to resolution. Just BS...give me some "real" examples - I will check a few...and we shall see... Note I do not workj for MS or have any particular agenda...but such a blanket statement needs to be called out.

Ruudino
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:5/18/2011 7:55:00 PM # 8
align="left">Nice to read you aren't happywith your Asus board, therefor it's a try I think coming together with asking you, what your smoking.... :-)).

It 's not easy to talk to a member of Asus when he /she is in a negative spiral of thoughts about his computer; sometimes the persons who try to help here (you and I) they have to recognize in with some kind words in what emotion a member is, so he/she can jump over the large negative wall.... and maybe the helpers here get contact with someone which have problems. I have started here too, also with the P6T (simple standard) and befor this one I had a notebook with a Celeron and XPin it. My knowing about computers is since the Commodore64.... before the 1th PC :-)))..... but what does it matter. If someone can help you, maybe next time you can help another persons/members.

Some here are VIP-members, but don't think those members are more member as you, maybe they are member for an longer time (like me), and sure sometimes there are also members (persons) who knows more as another.... but try to be nice/friendly to others (even as your PC doesnot work well) who like to help you...

My PC is P6T, x64, i7@920 Windows 7 Pro x64, Tri-channel 12GB 1600 and so on. I walk more on Italian sites, so I was here before (look only the pictures of read the english text) I read somthing about Marvell :-))) 

Have a good time here by Asus.

id="swiffout">

I'm open, honnest and sincere to myself and to others...! I'm not happy with people who lie.... I'm bedridden since 2005 and handicappped since 2000. On the photo you see me on a hot summer day working on my laptop, now I have a P6T i7@920 Win7 Pro x64 12GB 1600 Tri-channel RAM
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.