ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5RD2-VM  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P5RD2-TVM/S motherboard + WOL New Topic
Smeghead
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/19/2009 7:14:00 PM # 1
Hi all,
I have a school which has RM 2020b machines installed and they use the ASUS P5RD2-TVM/S motherboard ( which I cant seem to find on the ASUS website so I have picked the closest model number to post this).

The problem is..in the schools we use a management console which we can schedule specific times for the pcs to shutdown in the evening. This is working fine. However the console can also  tell the machines to power up in the morning before all the kids and teachers get in. The problem is the machines are not coming up in the morning.
On previous machines this was usually caused by WOL not being enabled. But on these P5RD2-TVM/S boards there doesnt seem to be a WOL option. Does anyone know if there is a BIOS upgrade for these boards or where I need to look to turn on WOL (Wake on LAN).

Thank you in advance.

Smeggy

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Dave
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 44
Posted:2/27/2009 5:11:00 AM # 2
Hello,
I have a similar board and I believe you can Wake On Lan via Bios. I assume you have looked through the various screens to find the wake option. If you have the manual under APM you will see a section for PCI wake. I will bet this is disabled. Enable it and hopefully you will resolve, if not, look through your manual for a jumper to do this. I hope I gave some help.

Into computers since punch cards.
tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:2/27/2009 11:55:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Smeghead Posted: 2/19/2009 7:14:00 PM

I have a school which has RM 2020b machines installed and they use the ASUS P5RD2-TVM/S motherboard ( which I cant seem to find on the ASUS website so I have picked the closest model number to post this).

That's because your motherboard was supplied by ASUS to an OEM customer under contract.

The contract between ASUS and the OEM obligates the OEM to provide ALL support for the product.  Pretty much universal in any context.  e.g. if your Samsung television uses capacitors supplied by Panasonic, even though Panasonic's name and logo may be on the capacitor, you aren't going to contact Panasonic for support if you think the capacitor may have problems.  Samsung assumes all responsibility for whatever is inside Samsung's product.

You can try to use the BIOS of the most similar (preferrably identical) ASUS-branded motherboard, but there is always some risk.  In most cases, the OEM motherboard has enough differences to preclude full compatibility or interchangibility.  There have been exceptions, but its not the norm.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.