SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5KPL-CM  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]P5KPL-CM drivers don't work with Windows7 New Topic
WeinerWater
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/22/2009 12:38:00 PM # 1
Hi there I just tried to load my motherboard cd for windows7 Beta and it wouldn't do a thing, says my motherboard is not suited for this operating system, wouldn't let the cd run at all. I was able to go to the asus site and download a Atheros AR8121 Gigabit Ethernet driver for vista and it worked for some reason, I'm not sure why as my motherboard cd has vista drivers on it also. I'm trying to find my via audio driver that might work at the moment but I just wished my mobo cd  worked properly as it is less then 6 months old. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
sorter13
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/24/2009 4:21:00 AM # 2
Odd, I just installed Windows 7 on my P5KPL-CM yesterday without any issues.  I'm using the default windows drivers for everything except for ethernet.  I'm getting 5.1 surround sound and all of my devices are functioning correctly.

If you still have devices without drivers, try manually adding the driver from the cd using device manager.  That's what I did for the Atheros ethernet.

S
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/24/2010 6:29:00 PM # 3
I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and I have the same problem as the first poster. The Motherboard CD can not install anything on it. The VIA for audio is the main program I want to install for it's equalizer. If anyone can figure out how to do that please help. Thanks.

I finally  found one that works  for  VIA HD audio as I didn't need the other stuff from cd. http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v7300a.zip It's a newer version than the original CD just use the expert mode and it has everything the older version does.

Jiwani
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/6/2010 12:30:00 AM # 4
Hi.

Go to
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Select Product -> Motherboard
Select Series -> Socket 775
Select Model -> P5KPL-CM

You may then select your Windows as Windows 7.
All the softwares/utilites are these. Just select any you wish

I too did that and it works amazingly well.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.