Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > LCD Monitors > VK246H  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]VK246H webcam and Vista 64 New Topic
Wilens
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/13/2008 7:45:00 AM # 1
Does the built-in webcam work with Vista 64 or not.  I can't find an answer in the FAQ and the technical support form got me no response (just a blank response actually).  I do see that the downloads list lifemate or whatever software as only have a Vista 32 version.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
www.lakeshorelaw.org
LDJ
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:12/15/2008 9:14:00 PM # 2
Hello Wilens!

Here is a re-use of some text I posted a few days ago:

After having installed Lifeframe, on my Vista x64 Premium installed system, I was met with the msg: LifeFrame2 runs on ASUS laptops only!

I uninstalled the program, but as I don't give up so easily, I tried if I could find a workaround :-)

I browsed the CD, the one that were in the package with my new LCD VK246H monitor, and found that I could right click on the file in H:\LifeFrame\data\409.msi and let it install without using any setup file.

Just start Filemanager, and browse the Asus Webcam disc, in your CD drive, and you should be be able to install a working LifeFrame program.

Kind Regards
LDJ

j4mes
Level :
Posted:12/19/2008 5:04:00 AM # 3
also running Vista x64. For me this solution (...\LifeFrame\data\409.msi) did not work, still have the same error: "LifeFrame2 runs on ASUS laptops only!" The only way I get any signal from the camera at all is via the provided screen-saver. there seems to be no proper Driver for it installed. seem to me there should be A provided driver even without the Lifeframe application. but as far as i can tell, no driver is found on the CD or the downloaded lifeframe2, when browsing the source with vistas "scanner and camera installation wizard" or "add new hardware wizard"

EDIT:
I checked my device manager and it indicates the driver for it IS installed "USB Camera" using A generic windows driver "C:\windows\system32\Drivers\usbvideo.sys" and
"C:\windows\system32\Drivers\ksthunk.sys" now all i have to find is an interface for it. download.com here i come

Wessing
Level :
Posted:12/24/2008 10:47:00 AM # 4
I'm running Vista X64, downloaded the Vista 32 file from website for VK246H.
Extracted the software, went into data file, right clicked on the 409 file and clicked install.
Software installed and works fine.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.