ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > ENGTX260  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem][Problem] cannot load EIO.dll smartdocter New Topic
Wagenaar
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:11/25/2008 3:36:00 AM # 1
Hi guys,

Ive buyed a new pc with Windows Vista 64 bits, and a wonderfull Asus Geforce 260GTX.

I try to install smartdocter from the cd, but after a restart i get the massage can not load EIO.dl, close the program. ive tried other versions of smartdocter, but i get the same fault.

Google won't helpt, so i ask it here

many thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
odin
Level :
Posted:11/25/2008 4:52:00 PM # 2
Hi Wagenaar,

I just wanted to confirm that I have the exact same problem. Smartdoctor fails to initialize as it cannot load EIO.dll.

I have an EN8800 gfx. card and Microsoft Vista 64 bit system.

It has worked pretty smooth until I installed the latest Nvidia drivers a few days ago (v.180), then only manual control of the fan worked, the interval settings for different temperature just set the fan to 0 RPM :(. I used Smart doctor v5.15, and decided to upgrade it to v5.21 (initially). After deinstalling the old GamerOSD and the Smartdoctor, this EIO.dll just come up every time. I've checked that the file (EIO.DLL) is installed in the proper folder and is accessible, but no go :/

I also tested Smartdoctor v5.28, and the same problem occurs.

I've seen a few people that has the same problem, but there are yet to find a good solution. I also noticed that a few people have been recommended by ASUS to reinstall the entire operation system! But that is just ridiculous, more an indication that the technical support people don't have any clue what the problem really is :-(

ASUS makes good cards, but I'm extremely unhappy about their lack of support of the software part. This isn't the first problem I've had with Smartdoctor.. 

I'll try to debug a bit more though. Especially investigate if there are some dependency problem, or similar with the EIO.dll.

marc
Level :
Posted:11/26/2008 2:16:00 PM # 3

got same problem here to !!! the EIO.dll wont work ... it seam like i ll have to reinstall vista for the 5 time this week !!!
 wondefull asus !!!!

maybe it a part of the window vista problem .... that bloc the unsigned stuff to work ... asus need to build correct stuff for that kind of video controler .....

if a driver or controler driver are not signed from aprouval in vista it can result in a non working  sisteme

maybe after a few buggg that microsoft recieve ,,,,, they remove the permition of the driver (( mean that it no more a signed one )) then asus need to patch it ****

i am sure i am wrong but **** you know it was working befor !!!!! then i updat and it fail event if i reinstall old version !!!

if somone have a good strategie please tell us the soluce you find to help 

thanks to all 
from a gamer that cant play fallout 3 ...... grrrr

Wagenaar
Level :
Posted:11/27/2008 9:22:00 PM # 4
does it help a reinstall of Vista? The one said a reinstall, the other said a driver issue, but i wan't a direct solution that helps! i want to use smartdocter and not rivatuner or something like that!

ramal
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/13/2008 9:20:00 AM # 5
The cannot load EIO.dll problem is caused by the instalation of the latest nvidia driver 180.48. the only solution i now of is to uninstall it again as well as latest smartdoctor  and install the asus driver again.

Cloud
Level :
Posted:1/2/2009 8:28:00 PM # 6
I'd recommend you uninstall SmartDoctor (and GamerOSD, just to make sure), and then check in Device Manager that the "EIO driver" (under the "AsusOtherDevices" section, which is usually the first one at the top), the "ASUS Kernel Mode Enhanced Driver" (under the same section; it's part of GamerOSD's installation) and the "ASUS Virtual Video Capture Device Driver" (under the "Sound, video and game controllers" section; part of GamerOSD's installation) are no longer there. If any of them are there, then uninstall them (or at least the EIO driver which is causing problems) and restart.
After that, install SmartDoctor again and see if it works.

Oh, and also I want to clarify a few things here. The EIO driver IS signed by "microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher" so Vista will in no way block it (as marc had suggested). Even if it wasn't signed, chances are it still wouldn't be blocked, since Vista only blocks unsigned drivers that fall under certain categories (like graphic card drivers or processor drivers) and criterias. So, to sum up what I said, Vista isn't blocking the EIO driver at all.

Also, the newest video card drivers from NVIDIA (180.48) aren't causing this problem either, since I have been able to run SmartDoctor (albeit with some of it's functionality cut down) with these drivers installed on Vista x64. Oh, and for detail's sake, I'm using SmartDoctor v5.22 (I'm not using v5.28 because that has even more of it's functionality cut down under the 180.48 drivers, like not being able to set the fan controll method at all, not even manual; this is by far the best and newest version that has the least of it's functionality cut down, the ones bellow it behave the same, only that v5.22 also has integrated support for Asus's EPU).

Uninstalling Vista will likely help solve the driver problem, although that should be the last resort anyone has to go through. I'm pretty certain there are other solutions before re-installing your OS, since if I can get it to work under the newest drivers with no problems (and other people also mentioned SmartDoctor also worked for them at first), then you certainly can reverse what had made it corrupt.

Hope this post helped someone...

pent
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/19/2009 2:22:00 AM # 7
Hi!

Is there reasonable solution to this EIO.dll problem yet available.

beartdi
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:5/2/2010 7:35:00 AM # 8
After numerous eio.dll errors, installs & uninstalls of smart doctor, osd and asus vga drivers, i ran smart doctor in compatibilty mode (Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor). Worked like a charm. :)

Raidmax Smilodon, Gigabyte P55A-UD3R, Intel i530, 2X Kingston KHX16002G, ASUS 9600 GT oc GEAR, Samsung HD103sj, WD My Book Essential 1Tb, Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
Rose
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/28/2012 5:20:00 AM # 9
guys i think i have the answer to your EIO problems. I also have a new system and was getting a error in my device manager with my EIO driver having a problem and not working properly. any way here's a link to install the EIO driver. http://d10.devid.info/file/80/TurboGearEnhance_nVidia_WIN7_32_WIN7_64_00021.zip Fixed my problem. Hope this helps

:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.