SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5K-E/WiFi-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Chassis intruded, Fatal error...system halted!!!!!!!!! New Topic
patomas
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/24/2008 6:00:00 PM # 1
Hi. I recently got this mobo and the problem is that on the boot a message appears: "Chassis intruded, Fatal error...system halted". I´ve read a lot about this problem and a tried everything:

-Clear CMOS
- Change slots rams
- Change cpu
- Change chassis intrusion position jumper
-Etc

Whenever i clear the CMOS or change the cpu i can get into the Bios but at the next boot the problem persists.

Does anybody know how to dolve this problem? (obviously in the Bios there is no option to disable the chassis intrusion funtion, it´s suppossed to be disable if the jumper is in the correct position, but it isn´t really disable).

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Tracer
Level :
Posted:11/22/2008 12:19:00 AM # 2
Go onto your Mobo and disconnect the connector that usually says something like CHA_DET. Look in your manual for the plug. That should solve your problem. If not, check to make sure everything on your case is screwed on so that the Detector's circuit is complete. A separated piece, like a loose panel might be causing the problem 

P5K-E Wi-Fi, BFG Tech 9800 GTX+, 350gb WD HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo, Thermaltake 650W PSU/Dynex 450W PSU X-FI Titanium Sound Blaster.
Cammarota
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/2/2008 7:44:00 PM # 3
Hi, also i have the same problem on the mobo: Chassis intruded, Fatal error...system halted.Have you resolved o the problem persists?
Tell me about thank you.

Laurenzi
Level :
Posted:12/14/2008 4:59:00 AM # 4
Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Asus A8N Sli Deluxe.
Everytime I boot, my Pc gets into the bios and shows that warning. Everytime the default settings are loaded (I lose time and peripherals information, and have to set them again). I tried checking the CMOS button battery but my multimeter says 2.6 v (it should be 3 v), so I don't think that is the problem. I tried removing the short plastic piece for disabling the intrusion detection system, rebooting and then putting it in place again, but no result.
I also tried to disable the intrusion checking option, but nothing..
Everytime I have to face the bios, set date and time and preipherals.. It's getting quite annoying!!
Can someone at Asus tell us what to do?
Is my motherboard broken or what??
Thank you very much.

Carlo Laurenzi

Tracer
Level :
Posted:2/11/2009 10:39:00 AM # 5
I think I may have the answer.

I had the similar problem the other day.
It turned out that the metallic sheathing on my Power Supplies cables was crossing and actually bridging the connection between the plugs on the Chassis Intrusion Detector. Make sure that the circuit is not being completed by and cables with metal on them.

P5K-E Wi-Fi, BFG Tech 9800 GTX+, 350gb WD HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo, Thermaltake 650W PSU/Dynex 450W PSU X-FI Titanium Sound Blaster.
Rich
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/11/2009 1:44:00 AM # 6
Ive just had this problem and fixed it.  Take the CMOS battery out for a minute.  That will get u past it and can go into bios and change it.

wahid
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:9/12/2010 3:54:00 AM # 7
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100910141859640&board_id=1&model=P5V800-MX&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Donut
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/9/2010 5:26:00 PM # 8

Quote:
Author: Rich Posted: 7/11/2009 1:44:00 AM

Ive just had this problem and fixed it.  Take the CMOS battery out for a minute.  That will get u past it and can go into bios and change it.

I am in BIOS. please explain what is IT?
I dont see any option in my orig bios for P5K-E WIFI AP to disable the chassis intrusion check...

Also this is what I posted, do I really need to tear of a chip to solve this ? as all the other official options have failed for me.

Dear Asus Team, Dear Forum members,

I have the
Fatal Error Systeme Halted Chassis Intruded issue

with my ASUS P5K-E AP WIFI

the jumper is set to correct position and CMOS reset does not help.

ALWAYS GETTIN THE  CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR SYSTEM
HALT! on my boot

and the only way to start PC is reset CMOS and go with the F2 option BIOS default options. (If I go to BIOS via F1, after I set things the error will show again and I have to again from the beginning)

I have to do this everytime I want to start the PC up. Very painful as I need to dismount the graphics card each time to get to the CMOS reset jumper.

I have 100% correct the CHASSIS DISABLE jumper as per manual and many instructions I found on forums. Also tried different jumper and manual shorting. Nothing helped. I am one of those cases when this does not help.

I did not find any option in the BIOS to DISABLE THE CHASSIS INTRUSION CHECK, and didnt see a BIOS update for my P5K-E would fix this issue.

I found below 2 solutions on the forums

1) RMA

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&id=20080926083046625&board_id=1&model=P5Q&page=2&count=17

2) QUICK FIX VIA tearing out a CHIP from the MOBO - I dont want to do this but if its a quick workable solution I am willing to do it, but this guide does not say which chip it is exactly on my P5K-E WIFI AP and I didnt find on the web which one it is.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100910141859640&board_id=1&model=P5V800-MX&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Can you please help me solve this?

Bong
Level :
Tech Points : 5085
Posted:11/10/2010 6:58:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: Donut Posted: 11/9/2010 5:26:00 PM

Quote:
Author: Rich Posted: 7/11/2009 1:44:00 AM

I am in BIOS. please explain what is IT?
I dont see any option in my orig bios for P5K-E WIFI AP to disable the chassis intrusion check...

Also this is what I posted, do I really need to tear of a chip to solve this ? as all the other official options have failed for me.

Dear Asus Team, Dear Forum members,

I have the
Fatal Error Systeme Halted Chassis Intruded issue

with my ASUS P5K-E AP WIFI

the jumper is set to correct position and CMOS reset does not help.

ALWAYS GETTIN THE  CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR SYSTEM
HALT! on my boot

and the only way to start PC is reset CMOS and go with the F2 option BIOS default options. (If I go to BIOS via F1, after I set things the error will show again and I have to again from the beginning)

I have to do this everytime I want to start the PC up. Very painful as I need to dismount the graphics card each time to get to the CMOS reset jumper.

I have 100% correct the CHASSIS DISABLE jumper as per manual and many instructions I found on forums. Also tried different jumper and manual shorting. Nothing helped. I am one of those cases when this does not help.

I did not find any option in the BIOS to DISABLE THE CHASSIS INTRUSION CHECK, and didnt see a BIOS update for my P5K-E would fix this issue.

I found below 2 solutions on the forums

1) RMA

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&id=20080926083046625&board_id=1&model=P5Q&page=2&count=17

2) QUICK FIX VIA tearing out a CHIP from the MOBO - I dont want to do this but if its a quick workable solution I am willing to do it, but this guide does not say which chip it is exactly on my P5K-E WIFI AP and I didnt find on the web which one it is.

Can you please help me solve this?

There is still no solution for this problem
I suggest that you RMA your motherboard

Z77 3770K Kingston HyperX 1600 @ 7-7-7-20 ATI HD 7870
T.Duck
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:2/6/2011 3:45:00 AM # 10
I had this same problem and it was caused by a faulty chassis fan. My motherboard doesn't have a chassis jumper so I was a bit confused with this error at first. I began to remove nonessential components one by one and found the faulty one. I replaced the chassis fan and my computer has worked fine since.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.