ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G50V  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Disassemble guide New Topic
de la rosa
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/20/2008 8:45:00 PM # 1
Looking for a disassemble guide for the asus g50vm-x1. Also, if I disassemble in order to get to the fans to clean, will this void my warranty?
Thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Papa Midnight
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 224
Posted:10/21/2008 11:44:00 AM # 2
Well, as I'm sure you are more than aware, Asus cannot be responsible for any harm caused by your opening the case. Such is why only replacement of the memory seems to not be enough to warrant a voiding of the warranty, however, replacing the processor and/or HDD will void the warranty instantaneously. I recommend, till an ASUS representative can provide you with a response, for you to purchase some compressed-air canisters.

MCZ
Level :
Tech Points : 97
Posted:10/21/2008 5:46:00 PM # 3
This is not exactly true. You can replace the memory, HDD, ODD without loosing your warranty.
You can also open the bottom case and clean the fan provided you will not break anything. However in the future if you send your NB to Asus repair center and they find out that you were "repairing" it by yourself they may refuse in warranty repair. So you have to think if it's worth to take the risk.

http://asus-polska.pl/konfigurator/
dawid[hun]
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/21/2008 6:21:00 PM # 4
Its depend on yours notebook model. Usually you can only replace: MEMORY and INTEL TURBO MEMORY if you have the slot. Replacing the HDD, ODD, PROCESOR, BATTERY may cause loosing of your warranty. In model C90 you can replace almost everything without loosing it, but in EEE PC you can replace only MEMORY.

Be sure not to harm any of warranty labels when you are cleaning your laptop or replacing some hardware and ASUS will accept your notebook when you sent it to RMA.

Firefishe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/26/2008 5:51:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: de la rosa Posted: 10/20/2008 8:45:00 PM

Looking for a disassemble guide for the asus g50vm-x1. Also, if I disassemble in order to get to the fans to clean, will this void my warranty?
Thanks

I am also in need of a disassembling guide for this model.  I purchased my G50VM-X1 from Best Buy in Missouri, USA.

Please!  We don't need any more "you'll void the warranty..." responses.  Those of us who are asking this question have done the research and want to upgrade our G50V's.

Myself, I need to do the following:

1.  Install Bluetooth Card
2.  Install T9400 CPU
3.  Install WiMax Wi-Fi Card

I need a Disassembly guide and a Machine Screw list, along with information on the Bluetooth Antenna Wire (if any), as well as anything else that the Disassembly Guide states in terms of warnings, cautions, etc.

I do not need to have reiterated all the stuff about warranty voiding issues, blah blah blah.  I may not be a bench tech, but I can take apart my own equipment for crying out loud.  Thanks in advance for *not* telling me about my warranty and, instead, giving out information on the above for both the original poster and myself.

Thank you.

Now on to the Dissassembly Guide for the G50VM-X1 from Best Buy.  Where can it be downloaded?  Mailed?  Etc.

Thank you,
FriedFishe (not an error)

lowillli
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/5/2009 3:10:00 AM # 6
why is no one offering the solution? I need one, too, for my Z62F. Maybe no one knows and just wants to talk, talk, talk. anyone, please ... a tech manual?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.