ASUS Support Home Location : Forum  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]No DVI Video During BIOS Boot New Topic
evergreen97
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/30/2008 6:46:00 AM # 1
I have my P5Q-EM connected to my ASUS VW222U LCD monitor via DVI connection (NOT HDMI), but I am unable to see the BIOS bootup screens when connected via DVI.  I can see the BIOS bootup screens when connected to VGA, however.

I have checked all the BIOS settings and Video driver settings for the G45 and I can't find any settings which seem to change this.  I am using the G45 for video (no additional graphics card).

What settings do I need to change on the board / video so I can see the BIOS screens when connected only to DVI?

As a side note: maybe my board has a video problem?  It will not boot after resume from standby (previous post) until I reset the BIOS (remove battery, clear BIOS settings using jumper) and switch around connections between DVI and VGA - back and forth powering off / on - eventually the BIOS Setup screen will kick in.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Wheelz
Level :
Tech Points : 394
Posted:9/30/2008 5:31:00 PM # 2
Hi
Did you go into the BIOS and go to
Advanced
Then Northbridge Configuration
Then Initiate Graphic Adapter
You can adjust what display to use there
Good luck

Asus M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU, Freezer 64 Pro Heatsink, 4gb (2x2gb) Kingston Hyper X 1066mhz, 3 - 320gb drives in Raid 0, (all 3 drives are single platter with 16mb of cache on each drive), 2 - LG 22x DVD/RW (1-SATA & 1-IDE, LightScribe), 2 - 500gb Seagate hard drives, 320gb Hitachi USB, Hauppauge HVR-1250 TV Tuner, 2 - Sapphire HD 4830 512mb video cards in CrossFireX mode, PC P&C Silencer 750 Watt PSU (Blue), All wrapped up in a ThermalTake V9 case, AWESOME case for the $!, Logitech X540 5.1 speakers, Logitech MX 620 cordless Laser mouse, ViewSonic 22" LCD, ViewSonic 17" LCD, & a 42" Panasonic Plasma, 3d06 Score - 20770, Messenger - gibblathotmaildotcom
evergreen97
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/1/2008 2:33:00 AM # 3

Yep, I went there - I have tried default setting (PEG / IGD) and IGD setting.  Both show same issue.  I was assuming IGD means Integrated Graphics Device, but I don't know.  

Does this setting address the DVI vs. VGA display during BIOS bootup issue?

What is the recommended setting (other than default) if you are using only the G45 graphics device?

evergreen97
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/25/2008 1:28:00 AM # 4
bump...

evergreen97
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/13/2008 8:07:00 AM # 5
Update: the problem appears to be related to the monitor (ASUS VW222U). Hooked up the PC to a different LCD monitor and DVI displays video during bootup just fine.

Mutabor
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/26/2008 10:12:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: evergreen97 Posted: 11/13/2008 8:07:00 AM

Update: the problem appears to be related to the monitor (ASUS VW222U). Hooked up the PC to a different LCD monitor and DVI displays video during bootup just fine.

Please take a look at my post here, I'm having similar problem but it's the other way around: DVI works but VGA doesn't.

Konrad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:12/15/2008 7:30:00 PM # 7
Hi,
I have the same problems and the same mobo - monitor configuration as discribed above.
I can only access bios during boot up via DVI when I use an other lcd, or I have to use the VGA cabel with VW222U Lcd. This is not nice
I don´t think, that this is only a monitor issue, because to access a bios via DVI with  VW222U Lcd worked with my old system Asus p4p 800 se mobo and 6600 Nvidia card for month.  I think this might be a grafik bios issue. During boot up the VW 222U lcd doesn´t get the right information from the board to show a picture

System:
              P5Q-em
             Core2duo 7300
             2Gb Kingston 800
             Hauppauge PCI Satellitecard Nova SE

Monitor:   ASUS VW222U

falcon39
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/24/2008 2:08:00 AM # 8
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem as described above with DVI output (P5Q-EM mobo & VW222U monitor). Is there any solution? Maybe we must wait for new BIOS update? It seems, that something mismatch in VBIOS. Does Asus staff knows about this problem?

Konrad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:12/25/2008 12:49:00 AM # 9
Hi,

I hope that Asus staff will read this posts above, and make something.
Maybe take
P5Q-EM mobo & VW222U monitor and test dvi.

merry christmas

Von
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 187
Posted:1/6/2009 5:19:00 PM # 10

It is weird.
I built the system with the P5Q-EM and the VW222U, everything is OK, either DVI or VGA, I could see the BIOS booting screen well

Load default the BIOS settings to test.

Good Luck.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.