Forum  
  Topic : [Others]eee 1000 restore DVD with usb stick New Topic
tomatito
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/30/2008 12:28:00 AM # 1
Hello

I've been searching in several posts and can't find the answer to this. I need to do a full XP restore on the eee 1000H but don't have access to an external DVD.

I would like to boot from a USB stick loaded with the DVD contents. I have tried just copying the contents of the DVD to the stick, but it will not boot.

What is the procedure to make the USB bootable, then restore as if it was the restore DVD?

Thanks very much for any help.

Pedro,
Tarifa, Spain

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Larson
Level :
Posted:9/30/2008 3:50:00 AM # 2
My advice is not to do this... Just send the eee pc back and get your money back.

If you are dead set on doing this, make SURE to backup all files on the computer that you will be using, and DON't use the Linux DVD,  I tried using the linux recovery DVD with my home desktop (used to be Ubuntu linux), now my PC's hard drive has an almost bootable copy of Xandros linux... 

What's worse is that ASUS won't admit their mistake, and won't help me at all to try to restore my data!!!!

o0steveo0o
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/1/2008 11:41:00 AM # 3
Have a look over at "http://www.vandomburg.net/installing-windows-xp-from-usb/"

foucault
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/21/2008 9:26:00 AM # 4
Well, it was /your/ mistake. why did you think this would work? The recovery DVD is created specifically for resetting your eee pc to factory default and not to do crazy things with your home desktop.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.