ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000H/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Eeepc 1000H/XP Fan experience New Topic
ruimrcabral
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:8/20/2008 6:46:00 PM # 1
Hi all, got my eeepc 5 days ago. I don't quiet remeber how it was on the first day but I didnt install anything else then AGV antivirus on the eepc and I notice everytime I turn PC on after 5min the Fan kicks on and stays on all the time. between temp like 48-52degress the fan is on 35% after that its higher. But it nerver stops unless pc is off. Could you tell me if it happens the same to you guys? general experience and opinion accepted. I heard a application called eectl can help is this safe or supported? Thanks alot.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Chlorophyl
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/20/2008 7:46:00 PM # 2
I almost never here the fan on my 1000H. But I don't have AV running.
I suggest using NOD32 AV. It's not free but it uses less memory than any other AV.

You can use eeectl to control your fan & CPU.
More info here: http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery.aspx?id=121

eee pc 900 - eee pc 1000H - eee box B202
Nono
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:8/30/2008 8:45:00 PM # 3

Hello,

I get the same as you, since ventiallation is under the EEEPC, a good thing is NOT to put it on you knees or a bed.

Best reagrds,
Renaud.

ruimrcabral
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/2/2008 6:55:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Hello  Renaud,

So your fan also kick in right away after you start your pc? that is can incresase speed or decrease but never stays coompletly still 0% usage right?
do you use eeectl?

regards
rui

Author:
Nono Posted: 8/30/2008 8:45:00 PM

Hello,

I get the same as you, since ventiallation is under the EEEPC, a good thing is NOT to put it on you knees or a bed.

Best reagrds,
Renaud.

ruimrcabral
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/2/2008 6:57:00 AM # 5
Chlorophyl, so your telling me when you connect you pc your fan is all the time off until you get some usage and some more processes running?
maybe it could be a faulty on my pc?

thanks
Quote:
Author: Chlorophyl Posted: 8/20/2008 7:46:00 PM

I almost never here the fan on my 1000H. But I don't have AV running.
I suggest using NOD32 AV. It's not free but it uses less memory than any other AV.

You can use eeectl to control your fan & CPU.
More info here: http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery.aspx?id=121

MarkD
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/4/2008 11:40:00 PM # 6
I run AVG anti virus and in a quiet room I can hear the fan most of the time.  Its not loud.  If a radio is on or there is any other background noise I cannot hear it.  When booting, the fan noise is sometimes a bit louder.  I believe the fan is working properly.  These machines do require active cooling and are not completely noiseless.  Last time I checked the CPU temp it was 38C.

Quote:
Author: ruimrcabral Posted: 8/20/2008 6:46:00 PM

Hi all, got my eeepc 5 days ago. I don't quiet remeber how it was on the first day but I didnt install anything else then AGV antivirus on the eepc and I notice everytime I turn PC on after 5min the Fan kicks on and stays on all the time. between temp like 48-52degress the fan is on 35% after that its higher. But it nerver stops unless pc is off. Could you tell me if it happens the same to you guys? general experience and opinion accepted. I heard a application called eectl can help is this safe or supported? Thanks alot.

Posted:9/9/2008 10:20:00 AM # 7

Fan Noise ...... what Fan .... is there a FAN ...

Mine is quiet as midnight.....  did I forget to say that I live in Nome, Alaska ... just kidding.  My FAN only runs when I'm doing something heavy like the duplicating of files between my old laptop and the EeePC .... else its really cool and quite.

EccPC 1000H/XP, SW Hunter Classic 44Mag, HK-91 (G-3 conversion), UZI Model A, 12G Citori, Yamaha 400 Quad w/ you guessed it - Flood Lights and Gun Racks and Republican Badge
ruimrcabral
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/6/2008 6:28:00 PM # 8

Hi all, 

I got my eeepc from RMA and now the fan seems to be working fine.Nevertheless I got the motherboard replaced and this one came with 0601 BIOS and now I can not charge my battery more the 49%... I am waiting for comments from ASUS on that one.

DocBob which BIOS your running on?

ruimrcabral
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/14/2008 3:29:00 AM # 9

Hi all, 

Just for feedback. I got my eeepc from RMA and they replaced the motherboard and it works fine now. The fan is more quite and the speed variation is working correclty.

RMA service was exelent.

Posted:10/24/2008 9:19:00 AM # 10
For ten years, I have been buying ASUS if I could afford'em.   They were Top Drawer for all there motherboards .... I used to be a frequent OverClocker and custom RIG builder.

ASUS still designs well, but they have outsourced so much manufacturing and assembling in CHINA ... I think your problem there.  BAD CHINA quality control ...

Quote:
Author: ruimrcabral Posted: 10/14/2008 3:29:00 AM

Hi all, 

Just for feedback. I got my eeepc from RMA and they replaced the motherboard and it works fine now. The fan is more quite and the speed variation is working correclty.

RMA service was exelent.

EccPC 1000H/XP, SW Hunter Classic 44Mag, HK-91 (G-3 conversion), UZI Model A, 12G Citori, Yamaha 400 Quad w/ you guessed it - Flood Lights and Gun Racks and Republican Badge
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.