ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > EAH3870 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Can not find graphics card information. New Topic
Ross
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/22/2008 3:59:00 PM # 1
I had a working system that I put together a month ago. A EAH3870 graphics card on a P5E3 premium motherboard. Running XP. I decided to check for and upgrade the driver. I now get a message on power up that reads "Can not find graphics card information". This is a pain and would like to get rid of it. I did not get this message on the original software with the original drivers. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pan
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/19/2008 6:44:00 AM # 2

Uninstall Asus SmartDoctor and the problem goes away. You can then reinstall if you need SmartDoctor.

In Vista you can uninstall using the following location:
Start->Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a programs

Actine
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:12/27/2009 2:05:00 AM # 3
Experiencing the same problem. I assembled the PC yesterday with my new EAH4870 'Dark Knight' graphics card. When I first installed SmartDoctor from a bundled CD (Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3), it was ok and working. After that I formatted other partitions on my drive to install other systems, and found out that XP crashes on startup. I rolled back the system with restore gui, and after that I got SmartDoctor alerting that the graphics card's configuration can't be found. Neither SmartDoctor reinstall nor XP reinstall solved this. SmartDoctor is essential for me because it provides over/underclocking capabilities, so help me asap please

I am CPU Intel C2D E8600 (3.33 Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, don't remember the cache); Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS5; Asus EAH4870 1Gb (Cool); ESI Juli@; Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1Tb; Corsair XMS2 DHX 4Gb (2x2) DDR2-800 (4-4-4-12)
Brian
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/25/2011 9:41:00 PM # 4
To everyone having errors with smart doctor not working cant find grapic card info and start .dll i was having all these prablems also on a win 7 64 system tried everything the internet had to offer from installing in admin combability mode all to no avail what i found out that works very easy 1. i went right to the offical asus driver and installed it What i mean by this is i have a ati/amd cards by installing the latest Cat11.3 i got nothing but installing the asus verion of Cat even thou its a old driver smart doctor started working then installing the Cat 11.3 over it smart doctor is still working all in all thier are files in the offical asus download that Ati/Amd dont have in thier release as for Nividea users i would assume the same rules apply here

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.