Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:7/17/2008 3:45:00 AM # 21

Quote:
Author: Griff Posted: 7/16/2008 8:05:00 PM

Hi all, I have another issue with the following files:

c:\windows\system\hsmgr64.exe
c:\windows\syswow64\hsmgr.exe

Symantec Endpoint Protection (latest build, latest signatures) is flagging them both as infected with...

Bloodhound.SONAR.2

Bloodhound.SONAR.2 is used exclusively by Symantec antivirus products when a potentially unknown risk is found using Symantec Bloodhound technology. Bloodhound technology consists of heuristic algorithms that are used to detect unknown risks.

The file that is detected under Bloodhound.SONAR.2 indicates a running process with behavior similar to that of a Trojan horse that records keystrokes. It may represent a new, previously unidentified type of risk. This assessment is made using the state-of-the-art behavioral technology that is only available in Symantec products. Files that are detected as Bloodhound.Sonar.2 should be submitted to Symantec Security Response.

I can only assume this is a false positive ?

Yes, it is a false positive.

Instead of recording keystrokes, these files are API hookers that redirect the Directsound2D/3D calls to the C-Media 3D engine.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Chris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/13/2008 3:32:00 PM # 22
LoL. Mike my love, I have not forgotten you, I just had to break away. Please don't hate me :-(

Forever yours

Chris x

:-)
Quote:
Author: mikeorkney Posted: 7/15/2008 4:29:00 AM

When you download the new driver package unzip it and go to the unzipped folder...

go to vista\SoftwareDriver\DLL

Right click on HsMgr.exe then select properties and click on UNBLOCK then APPLY

Do the same for HsMgr64.exe and then run the install program.

That way you won't get the BSOD and you won't be asked if it's OK to run these programs each time you boot up.

The files are quite safe and I've examined them with all known virus software including my favourite Eset Smart Security. Don't be paranoid as honorable ASUS wouldn't do anything to harm us.

Chris I still love you! :-)

freesky
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/28/2008 10:23:00 PM # 23

mikeorkney Wrote :

When you download the new driver package unzip it and go to the unzipped folder...

That way you won't get the BSOD and you won't be asked if it's OK to run these programs each time you boot up.

The files are quite safe and I've examined them with all known virus software including my favourite Eset Smart Security. Don't be paranoid as honorable ASUS wouldn't do anything to harm us.

Thanks you so much for this. I've had a issue with this in the beginning with the new released drivers (1738). Who would think to unblock those files to make them work correctly. No thanks to asus for not telling us about this simple fix in the beginning. God bless this forum!

Also, this sticky is only listed on the Xonar D2X forum, Not on the Xonar D2/PM forum. So this was pretty hard to find if it's just listed on the Xonar D2X forum I don't even go to this forum section. So Please! post it on the Xonar D2/PM forum too.

Howard
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/12/2008 8:32:00 PM # 24
Hi -- I'm a new member.  Is there a way to implement this solution after you have installed the driver, or do you have to uninstall the driver, unblock the zip file, and then re-install?

Jennifer Case
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/27/2008 9:05:00 AM # 25
Hi. I have had some strange things too, very similar, well come to find out, in Vista Premium 64 there is NO way to Unbloock it, with or without Defender running. The things I have discovered are that, 1. There is no Digital Signature in the File to tell my system its ok, 2. In Defender there is no way to unblock it because of that, 3 to even get mine to load I had to set run as administrator and then in the Blocked Programs Run them and allow them. This is the Only way I could get them to load on the latest drivers. What they, ASUS needs to do is head to microsofts site for defender and place all the Vendor information in it, then when they have it all, then these files will load and not be blocked. That is what I have discovered in my searches to get these files to load.

EDIT: Anyone want a 200.00 Paper weight, am tired of this dang thing. Vista 64 Beta RC drivers, nothing wants to work, gets distortion, messes windows up, wrecks the startup. so now has a nice 200.00 paper weight for someone that can make it work in XP. At least the ASRock onboard works with vista 64 and does not cry foul.

EDIT #2: Ok here we go, got everything working and here's how!!

1 Disable UAC,
2: Disable Notifications
3: Regedit HKLM/Software/Windows/Security/Policy or something like that in Admin Notifications turn it off
4: Disable Defender

5 Most important get Comodo Internet Suite and then get your Sound card and everything working cause Comodo does not say that your HSMgr and HSMgr64 are trojans or possible virus, unwelcome program or drivers.

6 Remember this might take someone that knows more about computers than you.

I did a lot of research and these are the things I found to make this all work like it should.

I love the fact I have been doing this for a long time, and can still learn more!!!

EDIT#3

Update, AMD AM2+ 9950 Black Edition 8GB Patriot DDR2 1066 PC2 RAM

Now sound Crashes most all Windows Media and Windows MCE 64. Finds no Sound Drivers or much else, has come to the conclusion, will have to reinstall Windows to get all this to work again. 1000's of hours wasted if only for a better upgrade, and now it just crashes everything.

One more thing, why is it my posts are the last ones and no one responds to them or even asks where I found my info? What is it here, a dead place?

EDIT#4

Needs to Update all drivers and info for the NEW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 here. Vista is on its way out,  Windows 7 is here and now, I am running Windows 7 Beta 2 Ultimate 64, the upgrade let me keep most all my devices intact, needs to start seeing Windows 7 Drivers soon.

ASRock K10N780SLIX3 Wifi AMD AM2+ 9950BE 8GB DDR2 1066 Patriot RAM
Jennifer Case
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/22/2008 2:43:00 PM # 26

Quote:
Author: freesky Posted: 9/28/2008 10:23:00 PM

mikeorkney Wrote :

Thanks you so much for this. I've had a issue with this in the beginning with the new released drivers (1738). Who would think to unblock those files to make them work correctly. No thanks to asus for not telling us about this simple fix in the beginning. God bless this forum!

Also, this sticky is only listed on the Xonar D2X forum, Not on the Xonar D2/PM forum. So this was pretty hard to find if it's just listed on the Xonar D2X forum I don't even go to this forum section. So Please! post it on the Xonar D2/PM forum too.

I can not unblock it, read my post please

ASRock K10N780SLIX3 Wifi AMD AM2+ 9950BE 8GB DDR2 1066 Patriot RAM
FIREWALL
Level :
Posted:1/13/2009 1:38:00 AM # 27
IF HSMGR.EXE IS INDEED AN ASUS STARTUP ITEM, IT WOULD HELP EVERYBODY, INCLUDING YOUR TECH SUPPORT DEPARTMENT, IF YOU WOULD IDENTFY ASUS AS THE MANUFACTURER IN MSCONFIG.

CURRENTLY THE MANUFACTURER IS LISTED AS "UNKNOWN."

MANY OF US DISABLE ANYTHING LISTED AS UNKNOWN.

yoyolai
Level :
Tech Points : 78
Posted:1/13/2009 11:48:00 PM # 28
Hi,

It's really a good suggestion.
I'll relay the message to our engineer right away.

Thanks.

Best,

(One of the insiders in the Asus Audio Research Center)
bobekk
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/16/2009 3:06:00 PM # 29
if u cannot launch any application and u need to kill HSMGR.EXE i recomend to download latest patch for vista64 (from june). Im on windows 7 build 7229 and after i installed latest drivers i cannot launch any application before i kill HSMGR.EXE & HSMGR64.EXE, download patch i mention before and problem is gone and u can enjoy EAX :)

Vasiliou
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/22/2009 5:10:00 PM # 30
I am having issues with HsMgr myself. Under Windows Vista x64 and under Windows 7 x64, the applications hsmgr and hsmgr64 prevent other applications from starting up and the only way around it is to close them via task manager. Also, under both, Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64, Death Knight voices under World of Warcraft breaks audio when enabled (maybe because hsmgr not running xD)

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.