Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > LCD Monitors > MK241H  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]Dead Pixel Policy? New Topic
Alex
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/27/2008 1:19:00 PM # 1
I'm thinking about buying an MK241H, but as with all LCD purchases, I'm worried about dead/stuck pixels.
I've been looking for it everywhere on the site, but I can't find ASUS' dead/stuck pixel policy. Can anyone tell me what it is? Or link to it?
I really like the BenQ one (ZERO for like years!), and they proudly display it. I'm a bit worried that it's so hard to track down ASUS', as it will be the deal maker/breaker to the BenQ one (I don't expect zero, but somewhere close is preferred).

Side question if applicable: Anyone willing to comment on the MK241H? It looks pretty sweet, and I've read reviews, but I wouldn't mind hearing some actual owner stories; reviews are usually fairly sugar coated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DamienChaos
Level :
Posted:6/27/2008 8:49:00 PM # 2
I've seen the pixel policy somewhere, but I can't remember where.  I'll try to dig it up.  It's not great (nothing like BenQ's), I do remember that.  My initial review of the monitor was glowing...but my impression of this monitor has soured greatly since.  The mic array stopped working after one day, and now (after about 1wk of ownership) at seemingly random times, the power button doesn't work.  I'm going to RMA it for a replacement, and give Asus the benefit of a doubt here since lemons can and do happen.  However, I can't say I'm overall super impressed with the picture in anything but "standard" mode.  No amount of tweaking really makes any of the other modes even close to passable.  The viewing angle isn't all that great either.  Sitting at a normal "desk" distance with the monitor at a normal angle, if I drag a web browser window with the newegg.com page open, the yellows look pale when at the bottom of the screen but if I drag the window up to the top, the same colors look almost orange. 

Admittedly, my review might be a bit skewed in the negative direction since I'm pretty disappointed in what I thought would be a top of the line $500 monitor.  If I had to do it over again, would I buy this monitor?  Nope.  The only reason I'm not returning it for a refund is Newegg's 15% restocking fee.

--DC

DamienChaos
Level :
Posted:6/27/2008 10:54:00 PM # 3
ASUS LCD Monitor Warranty:

http://support.asus.com.tw/repair/repair.aspx?no=481&SLanguage=en-us

Alex
Level :
Posted:6/28/2008 12:55:00 PM # 4
Ah, thanks for the link; just what I wanted.

Seriously pathetic: "By ISO 13406-2 standards, ASUS conforms to the acceptance spot level" yea they conform, right to the other end of the spectrum. 5 dead pixels and NOT returnable!? ASUS can get stuffed, that's just ridiculous. I could accept 1-2 for 12 months (or even only a month!), then >5 there after, but >5 from day 1? So not happening.
I do not want to spend ~$600 on a monitor that may arrive with 5 dead pixels, and not be returnable.

tony
Level :
Posted:7/2/2008 2:51:00 PM # 5
I just purchased an MK241 monitor. Turned it on the first time and discovered I have a back (dead) pixel in the middle of my screen which I reported to my supplier. My supplier provided me with the following link after failing to convince ASUS service it should be recplaced:

http://support.asus.com/repair/repair.aspx?no=536&SLanguage=en-us

After trying to call service direct as the end user, I was also advised that ASUS does not consider this to be a “fault” and that it “complies with the manufacturer’s specifications”.

It's a great monitor, but with these types of warranty policies and uncompromising attitudes to what is clearly a fault at manufacture that has slipped through their quality control, I will not be buying or recommending any more ASUS products.

Wayne
Level :
Posted:7/27/2008 6:49:00 AM # 6

I was about to order an MK241H from NewEgg and after reading the Asus policies on dead/stock pixels I decided not to purchase it.  It is ridiculous that if they sell you a product that is clearly defective they don't want to be responsible for replacing the product.  One dead/stock pixel is just one too many.  I'm getting a Panasonic Plasma instead for my entertainment system..

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.