Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5N-D  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Post Beep Codes? New Topic
Slanty
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/24/2008 8:12:00 AM # 1
I just assembled a new system with a P5N-D.  I am getting the normal 1 beep at start up, and then I get 4 quick beeps.  I am not getting any display at all, so I need to know what the beep code means.  In the manual, it states to "refer to table below", but there is no table!

TIA
Slanty

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Epidemic30
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 16
Posted:6/25/2008 8:43:00 AM # 2

Slanty,
   heres the table of beep codes.....

Award BIOS Beep Codes:

align=left>

Beeps

Error Message

Description

1long, 2 short Video adapter error Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly.  Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.
Repeating (endless loop) Memory error Check for improperly seated or missing memory.
1long, 3short No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.
High frequency beeeps while running Overheated CPU Check the CPU fan for proper operation. Check the case for proper air flow.
Repeating High/Low CPU Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

since your having video issues,first, pull the g-card out and reinstall it and make sure its all the way in, and that the little handle that holds the card is indeed, holding the card.then, reboot and  go into the bios and make sure your set to boot with the pci-e bus, set up your ram timings and voltages, cpu voltages,NB and sb voltages also. make sure on your first boot after you get the bios setup that you have the monitor on so the bios sees it. some boards wont find it unless its on before the tower boots. if its the video ram thats messed up, your only option is to RMA the card under warranty, unfortunately.give those things a try and if you need bios settings use my first boot instructions post.

MOBO:EVGA P67 FTW~~~CPU:I5 2500K @4.789 VC.1.368 w/ IC Diamond 24ct.~~~RAM:G.Skill PI 1600 Cas6~~~HDD:WD Caviar Black 750gb~~~PSU:PC P&C Silencer 750~~~GPU:EVGA GTX560ti Sc~~~PPU:EVGA GTX260 216 Sc 55nm~~~CPU HS/F:EVGA Sc Cooler(Modded) for P/P with Yate Loon's 88CFM~~~CASE:Lian-Li PC-V2010B (Modded)~~~OS:Win 7 64Bit Ultimate~~~Monitor:HP 2159m~~~Hd.Set:steelSeries Siberia~~~ ------------------------------------- First Boot Instructions for P5N-D(750i) here: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20080616004242890&board_id=1&model=P5N-D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
Slanty
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/5/2008 5:23:00 AM # 3
Thanks for the quick reply.  I had a very frustrating start to this new build to say the least!  Once I put it all together and "tried" to turn the system on, my PSU blew up!  Hooked up another PSU, and then was facing the irregular beep code.

After getting my local kick ass supplier to test everything out to make sure nothing was affected by my PSU blowing, I was still sitting at the same issue once I put everything back together!  @*#!  They told me they posted it and entered bios just fine!  Well.... what the heck!?

It turns out, I was using a DVI cable attaching my LCD to my 8800GTX card, and it was the issue.  I hooked up an analog 15"CRTC monitor via the adaptor, and it turned the monitor on the very 1st attempted bootup!(turns out the 4 fast beeps were in reference to a "slow" fan reading due to running water cooling)  All went well after that! 

This was very odd if you ask me, but who knows!  It has been a few years since my last build and maybe I missed that obvious pointer a long time ago! 

Slanty

E8400 O/C 750Mhz+ so far without a hickup on this board!

Epidemic30
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 16
Posted:7/6/2008 3:39:00 AM # 4
def one of the odder problems ive heard of!!!! but the noise you were hearing is the setup in bios hardware monitor to beep when your fan gets to a certain slow rpm. usually people set it for 600rpm. water cooling will def complicate things though. :)  anyway, glad ur up and fragging now...

MOBO:EVGA P67 FTW~~~CPU:I5 2500K @4.789 VC.1.368 w/ IC Diamond 24ct.~~~RAM:G.Skill PI 1600 Cas6~~~HDD:WD Caviar Black 750gb~~~PSU:PC P&C Silencer 750~~~GPU:EVGA GTX560ti Sc~~~PPU:EVGA GTX260 216 Sc 55nm~~~CPU HS/F:EVGA Sc Cooler(Modded) for P/P with Yate Loon's 88CFM~~~CASE:Lian-Li PC-V2010B (Modded)~~~OS:Win 7 64Bit Ultimate~~~Monitor:HP 2159m~~~Hd.Set:steelSeries Siberia~~~ ------------------------------------- First Boot Instructions for P5N-D(750i) here: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20080616004242890&board_id=1&model=P5N-D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
Nottage
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/16/2010 3:10:00 AM # 5
Similarly, I've come across beeping with the P5N-D - wondered if anyone else had the same issue? I manage to boot fine, but a couple of hours into using my machine, the motherboard lets out a series of three short beeps. It does this burst of beeps about 3-4 times before stopping, waiting a few minutes and doing it again. I'm not sure if this is damaging my computer (can't find a beep code that describes my problem) - just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.