ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > K8N-E Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Updated K8N-E Deluxe BIOS Supports Large HDs New Topic
yonkiman
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/21/2008 11:46:00 PM # 1
Hey People,

Asus has apparently stopped development of the K8N-E BIOS.  Which is a bit of a shame, because the version of SiI3114 SATA BIOS they have embedded in the K8N-E bios doesn't support 750GB or larger hard drives.  However Silicon Image does have a much newer version of the 3114 bios that does work - 5.4.0.3.  After much poking around on the web I was able to figure out how to swap out the old SiI3114 BIOS for the new one and it works!  I used the absolute latest Asus BIOS (1012.007) as the base because 1011 still frustrates the crap out of me (hard disk mount points seem to change whenever disks area added - even flash drives) and I was hoping maybe 1012.007 might be better (I haven't checked yet).

If you need it, the modified BIOS is here: http://www.yonkitime.com/k8e_deluxe_1012.007_SiI3114_5.4.0.3.zip

Install it the same way you normally would.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
rippfx
Level :
Posted:7/17/2008 5:23:00 PM # 2
Thank you. I thought I had to pull all my hair out before I could of gotten somewhere. Your bios update worked perfectly.
I tried swapping the bios with MMtools but it didn't work. God knows where I fucked up. Anyways, big thx again.

ScorpiCoRE
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/31/2008 3:49:00 AM # 3
Hi YonKiman :) .. i have 3 question about Sata2 disks on K8N-E deluxe (if u have time to answer i'll be happy:)

i have Athlon64 3000+ cpu (O.C. %17) + 2gb RAM + Ati sapphire x1300XT AGP + 2xSamsung 120gb SATA(1) hdd.. etc. with 550w (real) psu
        i want to buy a Seagate or Samsung 250gb (or 320) SATA2 hdd.. when i bought my MoBo, it only sata1 knowns in my country... Now i want to stripe my 2 120gb with RaiD0 and in addition use a sata2 disk to save back up images & media files ...
Now the Questions....
1) My K8N-E deluXe supports Sata2 ??
2) if not, supports Sata2 disks run as Sata1 ??
3)  what do you think about  Seagate  Sata or Samsung Sata... (Usualy says Seagate is speedy but noisy ; Samsung is reliable&quiet)..
Quote:
Author: yonkiman Posted: 6/21/2008 11:46:00 PM

Hey People,

Asus has apparently stopped development of the K8N-E BIOS.  Which is a bit of a shame, because the version of SiI3114 SATA BIOS they have embedded in the K8N-E bios doesn't support 750GB or larger hard drives.  However Silicon Image does have a much newer version of the 3114 bios that does work - 5.4.0.3.  After much poking around on the web I was able to figure out how to swap out the old SiI3114 BIOS for the new one and it works!  I used the absolute latest Asus BIOS (1012.007) as the base because 1011 still frustrates the crap out of me (hard disk mount points seem to change whenever disks area added - even flash drives) and I was hoping maybe 1012.007 might be better (I haven't checked yet).

If you need it, the modified BIOS is here: http://www.yonkitime.com/k8e_deluxe_1012.007_SiI3114_5.4.0.3.zip

Install it the same way you normally would.

KeDi on thE NET !!
ScorpiCoRE
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/31/2008 7:28:00 AM # 4
i give my own answer to me :p
in K8N-E deluxe Forum, subject  "Capacity of Hard Disk Support"   (date: 31.07.2008 / 05:08 am)

KeDi on thE NET !!
tr.ash
Level :
Posted:1/13/2009 7:20:00 PM # 5

Hey yonkiman,

many thanks for the integration of the new sil 3114 Bios ! You saved my server. It works with my new 1TB Samsung (HD103UJ) @ Port 4 of the sil 3114.

The disk is recognized and works fine with Debian Linux (2.6.18-6) on an K8N-E Deluxe.

Ralf

atxballer
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/14/2009 7:34:00 AM # 6
Hey Yonkiman! Thanks a ton! You're Sil3114 bios integrated with the Asus bios allowed me to finally have access to my 2nd SATA drive. Now I just have to figure out why the 2nd SATA drive freezes at the XP startup logo screen when it's plugged into the nVidia SATA port. The first SATA drive works fine on the nVidia SATA port, it's when the second SATA drive is plugged in when the freezing happens. I'm sure it has something to do with the lack of updates for the nForce 3 drivers. If you know anything about that please let me know.

The good thing is because of you I have 4 free SATA ports on the Sil3114 now! Cheers!

K8N-E Deluxe / Athlon 3000+ OC 2.4 GHz / 1GB Corsair DDR 400 / Windows XP
Magee
Level :
Posted:3/16/2009 7:39:00 AM # 7
I have been trying to get a Samsung 750 SATA 2 running on a K8NE-Delux for ages, read/tried loads of different things and finally I find this. Yeah.

I only updated the bios for the first time, had to dig an old floppy drive out from the depths of the past, and I went for version1010, I tried v1011 but was giving  a BIOSID error and I read some where that 1012 was a beta version and therefore unfinished.

Anyhoo, I have a question regarding the Sil3114_5.4.0.3. when you say 'install the same way you normally would', what exactly do you mean?

Do you install it as the new BIOS the same way as I did with V1010, put it on a floppy, remane it k8ne.rom, hit alt+f2 during POST, and enter the EZ flash mode etc.?

or is ther something else I should do?

Thanks,

Niall.

atxballer
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/18/2009 8:08:00 AM # 8

Niall,

The very first post has the a link to the Beta bios. Within that bios is the updated bios for the Sil3114 controller. So all you have to do is update your Asus bios with that file and your Sil bios will get updated as well.

Still haven't figured out though how to get another SATA drive to work on the Nvidia controller. It could be that it is too large, drive is 1TB SATA. Haven't tried a SATA drive smaller than that.

I hope that helps!

Vinay

K8N-E Deluxe / Athlon 3000+ OC 2.4 GHz / 1GB Corsair DDR 400 / Windows XP
Brander
Level :
Posted:4/28/2009 8:54:00 PM # 9
Hi yonkiman and great work!

I have a favor to ask, is it possible for you to update the a7n8x-deluxe motherboard with the same sil3114 bios? Or point me in a direction on how to hack the bios to change the sil bios.

reg,

Brander

Geoff
Level :
Posted:10/31/2009 5:49:00 PM # 10
Hey Yonkiman, I have the same problem on the same type of motherboard and I tried to update my bios with the new silicon drivers usin MMtool, but for some reason I can't get it to work, do you still have your version of the bios available somewhere please? The link you gave doesn't work anymore... You would really help me out here because I'm out of options...

1 2  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.