SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > PND > R300  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]operation failed...Please insert the SD Card or unplug the USB Cable" New Topic
bigrod
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/19/2008 1:10:00 PM # 1
Everytime i hit the nav button i get the warning error.... "operation failed...Please insert the SD Card or unplug the USB Cable", happend after i connected it to the pc. I have tried everything, turning off, taking out batt. resetting it, putting the settings back to factory. nothing will work. thanks for any help..

Rod...Australia

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
HB861
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/9/2008 3:54:00 AM # 2

Hi Rod,

you can not use the nav button while connected to the PC - you must unplug it first and then use the NAV functions]

cheers

Holger

Hahn
Level :
Posted:7/23/2008 9:27:00 PM # 3
I am getting the same message no matter what option I select on the menu. The SD card is in place and the unit is NOT plugged into a PC.  I verified that the SD card is readable by plugging it into a PC via an adaptor. I just bought this R300 but have not been able to use it as I cannot get pass this error. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Mike Diamond
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/26/2008 9:26:00 AM # 4
The USB cable has two fuctions:

1 - To charge the unit
2- And as a portable drive for loading music, video, and pic's

This makes the unit like a card reader and not a nav device.

That is what that msg is trying to tell you, look for the drive letter in my computer.

Zeppelin54
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/27/2008 4:48:00 AM # 5
You can do these steps:
1) Check you micro SD. Is it readable in you PC via adapter?
2) Insert micro SD in R300, connect R300 via usb cable to pc, power on R300. Can you see your micro SD in explorer and contents are readable?
  •  If - yes, so R300 can read micro SD and this is software error. In this case you can download latest firmware, write it on micro SD and update your R300.
  •  If - no, than your R300 have broken micro SD slot.
Will's easier solution:  simply brought the GPS back to the retailer, telling them it does not work.

tai
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/27/2008 5:12:00 AM # 6
Don't let the 15 yearold salesboy lought at you.
Try push the MicroSD card deeper in until you feel a click
so it's in the lock position.

sl3gold
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/20/2008 3:25:00 AM # 7
When you get the winCE pop up dialog to install the SDmicro or unplug the USB cable, there is a problem with the unit.  Check to see if in the Settings>System Info, does it list a software version?  If it doesn't, then the guy stating to install the firmware again is right to do so.  Firmware doesn't ship with the unit, so you have to download it from the ASUS download site.  If this resolves then great, if not, then there is a hardware error internally, take the unit back, or get a ticket going with ASUS to drive the RMA.

TWhite
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/5/2008 6:25:00 AM # 8
I kept getting these messages until I realized/discovered that the SD card has to be ALL THE WAY DOWN AND FLUSH WITH THE UNIT--NOTHING STICKING UP.  I had not used these cards before and was unaware they inserted so far into the unit.  Now, everything works fine.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.