Forum  
  Topic : [Problem] New Topic
Ming
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/16/2008 7:13:00 PM # 1
Hi there,
I got the same problem. It worked fine when I configurate throgh this IP 192.168.1.220. But I don't know why I can't connect it anymore to reconfigurate it.

Can anyone please help.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Scott
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/9/2008 5:11:00 AM # 2

Once the Asus WL-330ge is configured for wireless adapter it is locked into that configuration and must be reset to access the configuration menu.

Follow these steps:
1.  While powered on, press and hold reset button (next to power input) for 5 sec or until lights blink.
2.  Tell computer to repair network connection or renew IP.  (I believe this is under connection properties)  Or just reboot computer with device connected.
3.  Now you should be able to connect to 192.168.1.220 config menu.

sd
Level :
Posted:8/30/2008 5:34:00 AM # 3
I am having a really hard problem with a set of these. I had ordered a pre configured pair from Vudu for their player and cannot reconfigure them to act seperatly and I now have gotten rid of the Vudu box. The configuration utility says Vudu Slave and then is has an ssid and a set IP address of 192.168.1.222 and subnet of 255.255.255.0 and when I click configure it tells me that I have a different subnet mask. I also cannot get into the default IP

DannyFresh
Level :
Posted:8/31/2008 12:20:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Scott Posted: 8/9/2008 5:11:00 AM

Once the Asus WL-330ge is configured for wireless adapter it is locked into that configuration and must be reset to access the configuration menu.

Follow these steps:
1.  While powered on, press and hold reset button (next to power input) for 5 sec or until lights blink.
2.  Tell computer to repair network connection or renew IP.  (I believe this is under connection properties)  Or just reboot computer with device connected.
3.  Now you should be able to connect to 192.168.1.220 config menu.

I recently installed an On-Q WAP which uses the Asus WL-330gE to add wireless to an existing network. I had the same configuration problems as stated here. I could not log in but after following Scott's steps listed above, log in went rather smoothly. Thanks for the info Scott.

Murdison
Level :
Posted:11/8/2008 5:03:00 AM # 5
I had a previously installed and working unit also as part of an On-Q WAP. I had issues with my LinkSys WiFi G router last week, and had to reconfigue it from scratch. After that the ASUS unit was no longer connecting and when I attempt to do a hard reset, nothing happens. The only LED that is lit is the Power. There is nothing when I plug any network cable directly, whether through the On-Q " Power Injector" or directly connected to a laptop.

I've set my LAN adaptor for an IP range that includes 192.168.1.x and also for 192.168.40.x since the disk that was included with the On-Q WAP stated that it is factory configured for 192.168.40.1.  I've tried all combinations and nothing works. The fact that there is no LED indication of a reset when I push and hold the reset button makes me think that the box is dead...

Does anyone have any experience like mine? I'm at my wits end... spent hours trying various things and can't revive it!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator.... please pass this along to Tech Support...

KAM

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.