ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5N-MX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P5N-MX Temperature Misreading New Topic
Pesche
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/14/2008 4:14:00 PM # 1
I recently had a new P5N-MX Motherboard installed, with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 CPU.

I have been running the CPU fan at an exceptionally high rate, with corresponding unacceptablel noise level, because the BIOS is constantly showing a CPU temperature of 70 degrees C.  There have been occasional flashes of it showing around 23C, but as a rule, it shows 70/71C.  I have set the CPU temperature threshold in the BIOS at 40C for fear of burning the CPU.

The PC Probe II Utility that came with the MB is also showing a temperature of 70C, but strangely, a fan riation of 0.

I have downloaded RealTemp and CoreTemp, and both are showing temperatures in both of the cores of between 21 and 24C.

The P5N-MX revision is 0202.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Pesche

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
xsilver
Level :
Posted:7/25/2008 10:20:00 PM # 2
I have noticed this same problem too.
using latest 0606 bios and still the same -

temp reports as 45 sys
70 cpu
ALL the time

HSF is not hot to touch by hand.
Some software problem
Please update

EDIT: OK I just reboot and overclock to 266fsb - now the cpu report is fine (40c)
but the sys probe is still stuck at 45c

This board also tops out at 1333fsb - some possibility to get to 1600fsb would be good.

danitov
Level :
Posted:8/22/2008 1:02:00 AM # 3
Same problem, I have complicated, I do not know if installing a good cooler or leave it. It's hardware problem or arrangement with any upgrade the BIOS?. Asustek is silent?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.