Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > X80L  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]problems with the mouse touchpad New Topic
din2x
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:5/18/2008 12:28:00 AM # 1

I just bought a brand new asus x80L series. I have experienced difficulties in its mouse touchpad. Its kinda hard to control the pointer. You have to exert extra force on the touchpad. Are you guys experiencing the same problem? thank you.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Mik
Level :
Posted:5/18/2008 9:20:00 PM # 2
I was having the same problems too on the first day I bought my x80L. To solve this, you just need to go to control panel then mouse and look for the option where you can change the speed of the pointer and the sensitivity of the touchpad. Now, it works perfectly. I hope this helps.

I have a question too. Does virtual scrolling work in x80L? Because I'm really having a difficulty with it. There is an option for enabling virtual scrolling but still, it doesn't work. Do you know how?

Thanks.

I will never let my schooling interfere with my education.
Boy
Level :
Posted:5/20/2008 8:25:00 PM # 3
my customer also have this problem but nothing we can do if ASUS don't changce the touchpad....
we request all the X80L recall changce to touch pad....

dk
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/31/2008 1:05:00 AM # 4
Yes, i do encounter this problems. Got to apply force in order to move the arrow and the scroll.

Max
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/26/2008 2:16:00 PM # 5
Hi All!
I've been using this notebook for nearly 2 months now.
Oh yeah, the touchpad at first it is not responsive at all! (and I'm a 1st Class Touchpad User)
Tweaked with all the mouse related settings to no avail
-downloaded and installed new Synaptics Driver and Control Panel, nothing... no improvement.
► Uninstalled the Synaptics driver and and after reboot let windows use default driver.
(in control panel, under mouse properties, hardware tab, my touchpad is listed as Mircosoft PS/2 Mouse)
☺Since then the touchpad works like a touchpad should work! - light touch / taps, but... you only get vertical scrolling (hmmm maybe I have'nt anything to scroll horizontally) the scrolling area is slightly to the left of the scroll graphics printed on the touchpad. Turn on the Click-Lock in mouse settings improves a lot in overall usage of the touchpad (highlighting, draging and resizing), which is now light to the touch...

BTW i have a lot more of customization and usage experience stories to share.. (ATK Hotkeys Buttons not working properly, etc...)
 Also do give me you feedback if you tried my solution here.

I Love Technology
Afiqah
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/10/2008 12:53:00 AM # 6

Hi..,

I have similar problem with the touchpad, less responsive, especially during double tapping n scrolling :(
Did anyone of u guys encounter any problem when using the usb mouse..??
for me when i plug in the usb mouse, i can use the touchpad at all.. is it normal..??
and after plug it off.., the touchpad respond is really really slow until i have to restart for it to become normal again

Max
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/15/2008 11:52:00 AM # 7
Hi there Afiqah,

Did u try the method in my previous post...?
"for me when i plug in the usb mouse, i can use the touchpad at all.." You meant.. you can't use the touchpad...right..?

Yeah there is a setting to it..

But first I have to know what OS are you using..?

XP or Vista...?

As for me, I'm using XP SP3  and it works superbly now...the Touchpad and everything..

Do reply as I would love to help you out.

I Love Technology
K
Level :
Posted:9/19/2008 12:29:00 PM # 8

Hey mate,

I did notice the change when I upgraded my ASUS laptop to Windows Vista Business Edition. The default driver from Windows seems work better. The responsiveness problem arised right after I installed the touchpad driver. Try uninstalling ASUS's touchpad driver and let Windows handle it.

Cheers!

Quote:

Author: Max Posted: 9/15/2008 11:52:00 AM

Hi there Afiqah,

Did u try the method in my previous post...?
"for me when i plug in the usb mouse, i can use the touchpad at all.." You meant.. you can't use the touchpad...right..?

Yeah there is a setting to it..

But first I have to know what OS are you using..?

XP or Vista...?

As for me, I'm using XP SP3  and it works superbly now...the Touchpad and everything..

Do reply as I would love to help you out.

jerry
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 39
Posted:10/18/2008 9:38:00 PM # 9
you can install the alps touchpad where the pointer you can use much easier. There is a small test for this after you install this. Jerry

power
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/6/2009 8:17:00 AM # 10

Bought one of these laptops myself and to be honest I didnt research it first an I am pretty disappointed with it. Mainly with the touchpad, I was able to increase the speed by uninstalling the drivers that came pre-installed (doesnt anyone do any testing at ASUS??), but the grooves and texture on the touchpad still cause issues, and responsiveness is nowhere near usable for me. I can see why ASUS include a free mouse with this laptop.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.