ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5K Premium/WiFi-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]A Solution to Downgrade BIOS - FINALLY!!!! New Topic
Mr. Q
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/11/2008 10:54:00 AM # 1
This thread is listed in the Elite Posts.
Hey guys, after weeks of researching on how to downgrade bios on my P5k-premium or any Asus mobo with AMI bios, I have finally found a way. This method requires the Engineering Edition of AFUDOS. You can google "Afudos Engineering" to find some links to download. Here is a link I've uploaded.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/19/174415/AFUDOS229ES.zip http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/19/174415/AFUDOS236es.zip

I use the Boot USB method since its faster and more reliable.

Extract the AFUDOS onto your boot device along with your BIOS in the same directory.
use this command to flash:

AFUDOS /ixxxx.rom /pbnc /n      where xxxx=name.rom

After it sucessfully flashes and verifies. Turn off your machine, unplug, and remove battery.
Easy as pie, spread the word people!!!!

Moderator: Please make this a stick. Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Trunks
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/17/2008 7:09:00 PM # 2

u mean that extract AFUDOS to usbflash and BIOS ROM file.
its work in bios menu upgrade? its work 0504 to 0404? or u can downgrade to any version lower?

Mr. Q
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 4:20:00 AM # 3
Yes, extract AFUDOS along w/ rom file to a bootable USB drive. Using AFUDOS is like using EZFlash except this allows you to downgrade to any version. EZflash or the regular AFUDOS will not allow you to downgrade, only the Engineering edition of AFUDOS can do it.

I use HP Drive Key Boot Utility to make my USB drive bootable.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

dan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 17
Posted:5/7/2008 6:33:00 PM # 4
Does ASUS board provide an option to boot from USB drive? I didn't see this option. 

update: I guess I didn't see this option b/c I set removable drive to floppy... 

dan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 17
Posted:5/9/2008 4:48:00 AM # 5
I actually was able to downgrade my bios using ezflash at intial boot up (Alt + F2) with Rampage Formula board. I guess we don't have to go through all these hassle.

BTW - I like to thank Mr.Q for introducing the engineering version of AFUDOS.

With the HP USB system format utility ( http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197) and this AFUDOS, I can freely update Bios and go back whenever I want to....

Mr. Q
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/14/2008 7:33:00 AM # 6
You're all welcome... Glad to be of service to my fellow PC Enthusiasts!

LJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/18/2008 12:08:00 PM # 7
Hi there Mr.Q I was wounder if this will work for my mb P5K3 Deluxe just if case I need to go back thanks

eviljani
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/21/2008 4:36:00 PM # 8
It work on every bord that use AMI Bios. It can Downgrade Upgrade bios but only with AMI Bios. So use at your own risk.

Maximus Formula SE,(Rampage 404), Asus EN8800GTS512,4GBCrucial BalistixPc2 6400
TristonRoy
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/4/2008 7:38:00 PM # 9
I have, since it became so stable and easy, only used the Asus Update utility with perf results, every time. It's been a while since I broke out a disc to upgrade the bios. Those that use it know you can back up pre-bios to hd. It deserves a look. BTW~new here to forum. I have read about 40 posts and it's cool, there's no holding back 1s opinion. I push dirt around for a living. I trashed my 1st puter back in 1990. I started building to sell in 1993. I know about 1/3 what I should about properly OC'n. I've learned one thing about forums. It's never personal; end wgasfyi  

ai-Che Case~ASUS Formula Extreme*x48*ICHR9~N'tl 2.66 Q9450 QuadCore~8GB Mushkin HP1066~8 Drives 4.5TBs~X-FI Fatality ExTGamerPro~RaZeR Lachesis-Trantula-Barracuada w/lamp~ Twin HD3870_X2s CrossFired~XP/SP3_Vista Ultimate(DB)~Building Since 93'~Heavy Equipt Operator/\Local 12 Calif.
QuatPro
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/6/2008 3:54:00 PM # 10
I successfully flashed my previously owned Striker II Formula from BIOS ver.1303 to ver.0902 using EZ-Flash tool. That's why this problem is intriguing for me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.