Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Lost password New Topic
Devine
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/8/2008 6:10:00 PM # 1
PLEAASEE help me!
I lost my password for my Eee PC,
so when i start it up, it asks for it, and I dont know what it is!
So i cant get into my laptop

Does anyone know how i can get into my laptop without entering the password, or somehow changing it or deleting it?

Thanks in advance

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DerFehlerteufel
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/14/2008 9:50:00 PM # 2
align="left">Hello to You from Germany!
1.Dont follow any Instructions by Editing any Command-
Line-Options if You dont know what UNIX/LINUX-OS is!
2.SHUT-DOWN Your EeePC;3.By Turning-On the POWER-BOTTON
of EeePC,hit series Time and very quickly (Like "Vibration") the
F9-BOTTON;4.It will be shown a Black & White-Screen;5.Take the
third Option (Called TO-SET-FACTORY-SETTINGS-BACK) and right do
EeePC will tell You!
After this Steps You will get back a "VIRGIN-EeePC",like You have by him!
Best Wishes;
"Der Fehlerteufel"!

Highly interested in Computing and Software since the beginning with PC-64! From Profession Forestier/Forstranger! Now Pensioneer!
moki
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/15/2008 1:27:00 PM # 3
Alternatively, I think, you can press the Hardware Reset Button on the bottom of the eee through a hole next to the RAM door (if you have one), you will need a straightened paper clip or something.
Forum members please correct me if I'm wrong.

NEW 900HA XP, my 701 is now running Linux again.
DerFehlerteufel
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/15/2008 10:36:00 PM # 4
Hello to All EeePC-Users!
The Resett-Botton only restts like it will do at any other PC!
Perhaps if You can not Shutdown EeePC correctly or Power-
Botton on EeePC will not work!
Best Wishes to You-All from Germany;
"Der Fehlerteufel"!

Highly interested in Computing and Software since the beginning with PC-64! From Profession Forestier/Forstranger! Now Pensioneer!
Nemesis
Level :
Posted:4/16/2008 8:45:00 PM # 5
(hope she has not too many data on the main disk. If there is nothing she has changed from the main configuration, it is the easiest thing to do. But in the other case, is there no grub or other boot loader in which you can edit lines to have a root acces and redefine the password then by "passwd 'user'" command?)

KP
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/17/2008 12:55:00 AM # 6
I don't know if this will help, it's the command line to reset user password.

Reset PW -     sudo passwd user   

"I had to go watch a dream" >asleep at keyboard :-)
Nemesis
Level :
Posted:4/17/2008 4:08:00 PM # 7
(You must be logged in to use this command. In recovery mode you have a root access, so sudo before the 'passwd user' is not necessary...)

dusty
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/19/2008 3:20:00 AM # 8
Thanks a million you lovely person, the little eee is working again. i bought this item off e-bay great little machine but i set it for a update, and obviouslywhen asked  didnt set it for auto password, so when it came back on it asked me for the admin password that i didnt have and e bay sellers dont often reply. so you done the trick.    Very happy xmas.  from brian  u.k

Martínez
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/4/2009 4:28:00 AM # 9

Thanks very much, I had the same problem with my eepc. I lost my password but I followed your advice. MY EEPC IS WORKING!!!. Thanks a lot.

Lees
Level :
Posted:1/4/2009 10:30:00 PM # 10
Help! I recently bought an Eee PC 4G. I too lost my password and though trying the advice on here and from the guide book regarding pressing F9 whilst turning the machine on, I still get sent to the log in screen and obviously can't get passed that because I haven't managed to find the right password to clear it.

I have tried pressing F9 before, at the same time and after I press the power button... I have tried keeping the button pressed down throughout, and lifting my finger off half way throughstart up when the screen is black.. the advice on here mentions hitting 'series Time' (what's that?) and something about vibration... am I missing something cos I see nothing on the keyboard that relates to anything like that.

I have also tried pressing F2 during start  up which took me to the system set up and have put in a supervisor password and changed the User password in the Security set up there.. but I still can't get a password to work on the log in page... 
I reboot and get the login screen (no matter what I do) I type in a password and now it doesn't even tell me 'login failed'... tho the first click on login shows the log in button changing colour as if it has activated... I wait and it does nothing... it just stays on the login page with the asterix's of my password still showing and the cursor no longer flashing and the log in button not responding.. It stays like that until it switches itself to standby.

PROBLEM SOLVED

If advice in this post doesn't help, try looking for Travel_Guy's advice (3rd post) in the thread (Problem) Master password.
It worked for me when all other advice failed me.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.