ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M2R32-MVP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]SATA CDROM & RAID New Topic
O_513
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/8/2008 2:48:00 AM # 1
Hello everybody,

I have windows on a IDE disk, now, and my CDROM on SATA.
I want to change my IDE disk for a RAID, but when I change the BIOS setting from IDE to RAID windows BSOD's just after the logon sound. The ATI chipset driver installed without the CDROM installed en works normal. But with it attached it BSOD's again. Even removed it from the divicemanger before restarting. In safe mode its boods normaly.

I have a IDE CDROM comming this weekend, maby it's better to wait then trying to solve this.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18321
Posted:4/8/2008 3:06:00 AM # 2
Generally, when you can boot in safe mode, but not in Windoew, you have a driver issue as you probably know.  What might work, if you are using WindowsXp, is a repair installation of the operating system to install the drivers you need for the configuration you want.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
O_513
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/8/2008 4:25:00 AM # 3
I can solve hardware problems easy but when it comes to windows I get in trouble. But it works now.

I installed the drivers from AMD somewere deep inside there website, they looked very simular to the normal drivers. And only installed the southbridge drivers. Removed the CDROM from the device manager, rebooted without the CDROM and set the SATA to RAID. Windows XP stil rememberd the RAID device and rebooted again with the CDROM and works perfect as an SCSI CDROM.

So thanks Ulrich

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.