Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > F3Sv  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Restore Recovery Partition New Topic
dy1an
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/2/2008 1:04:00 PM # 1

Can anybody confirm this if the above post is true http://asusg1s.wikidot.com/tips-and-tricks#using-recovery-dvd

On the G1 Series User Manual in Appendix A, pg 70 http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G1/eng_pre2_g1s.pdf it states

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the partition named "RECOVERY". The recovery partition is created at the factory and cannot be restored by the user if deleted. Take your Notebook PC to an authorised ASUS service centre if you have problems with the recovery process.

On the F3 Series User Manual in Appendix A, pg 73, http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F3E/e3108_f3seku_low.zip it states the same,

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the partition named "RECOVERY". The recovery partition is created at the factory and cannot be restored by the user if deleted. Take your Notebook PC to an authorised ASUS service centre if you have problems with the recovery process.

Secondly there was also a time when I had problems using the Recovery CD as my F3SV notebook was under warranty (as it took so l o n g g g gggggg to install $#%$#$@! Vista. I spoke to one of the ASUS technician in person at the help desk at the time I didnt know about the F9 during bootup. I asked if the Recovery CD could also restore the Recovery Partition if the Recovery Partition was to be deleted. He told me yes you can but he advised me not to probrably because it takes a decade to install.

To be sure I rang ASUS customer support helpdesk the next day and asked the same question and they said said no you couldn't.??? and for them to restore it you'd need to pay them a fee.

Would anybody like to volunteer if this if these Recovery CD supplied with the F3 or G1 Series notebook PC can restore these Recovery Partitions. What I'd suggest if you to be sure that these Recovery CD can restore the Recovery Partition is to use another spare unformatted hard disk to your notebook and then use the Recovery CD. Once installation is complete try hitting F9 during bootup and once and for all solve this mystery

I look forward to your reply...

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
jacky
Mageaere
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/12/2008 12:37:00 PM # 2
You seem to have indicated that there is a way to restore the recovery partition to original Factory conditions by using the restore disk supplied with these laptop models in a particular fashion. If you know of the procedure to do this can you provide it so that I may test it?

I have used the restor dvd to reinstall my operating system but it did not restore the recovery partition.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.