Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M2N-MX SE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Chipset drivers for Windows Server 2003 New Topic
tylerh
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/7/2008 7:52:00 AM # 1
Hi I am trying to run windows home server (basically a skinned v of windows server 2003 for small biz) using the M2N-MX SE. 

When I try to install the chipset driver, or run the main setup app in windows I get a message telling me that it does not support my OS.

Everything functions fine, except the OS does not recognize the onboard LAN, any ideas, or should I just install a network card?

edit - sorry about the bold, I can't get the editor to 'unbold' it.   

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:1/7/2008 9:52:00 AM # 2

You answered your own question "does not support my OS".

NVIDIA does not support server operating systems on its consumer chipsets.  It might have Microsoft Server drivers for NVIDIA Business Platform chipsets, I'm not sure.

Windows Update might have something, but since you can't use you integrated LAN, you'll have to use a network card.

tylerh
Level :
Posted:1/8/2008 12:06:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: tcsenter Posted: 1/7/2008 9:52:00 AM

Windows Update might have something, but since you can't use you integrated LAN, you'll have to use a network card.

Thanks, I kind of figured that was my next step, was hoping to avoid it, but oh well.  Kind of irritated with the shop that I bought the board from as I was specific in my intent to run Home Server on the machine.....

tylerh
Level :
Posted:1/10/2008 4:51:00 AM # 4
FYI - for anyone else that has this issue, I was able to install the chipset, SM Bus and LAN drivers using the device manager, selecting the specific hardware item (flagged in dev mgr as 'unknown device' and selecting update driver, then using the wizard picking specific location and pointing the install to the directory containing the Win2k drivers.

Chauhanra
Level :
Posted:1/14/2009 11:07:00 AM # 5

Please Visit the Below link for your problem. This cloud be very helpful for U.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/109595

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.