SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5K3 Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASloader.exe and AScenter.exe behaviour under Vista New Topic
Halo Jones
Level :
Tech Points : 32
Posted:10/4/2007 12:59:00 AM # 1
ASloader.exe and AScenter.exe behaviour under Vista

Basically I have two user accounts under Vista-64bit, the administrator account and a vista user account from which most of my gaming, and computer work is performed.  When logging into the user account two taskbar windows appear suggesting that ascenter and asloader need administrator access in order to function, and request the admin password entered. 

Fine as this is, what do these two programs do for me? and where on earth can i configure them to not attempt to run every single time i start the computer, are they necessary at all?  i don't tend to use pcprobe, certainly not often enouge that i want two preloaders running at startup everytime.  They don't appear to be linked to soundmax for the audio output, so any helpful suggestions and advice would be very much appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18342
Posted:10/4/2007 1:17:00 AM # 2
Take a look through your 'Add/Remove' program lisitngs in Control Panel..  These are, I believe, Asus software programs. 

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Halo Jones
Level :
Posted:10/4/2007 2:03:00 AM # 3
Thanks for responding Ulrich.

They are indeed Asus programs, what i wnat to do is disable their running each time i boot, rather than completely uninstall the program, although they do not actually appear in the add/remove programs listings, nor do they appear in the startup lists, where items such as yahoo and msn tend to appear as load on boot programs.

The only asus program appearing in add/remove is pcprobe11 which isn't autorunning at launch, but these two which might be associated with it appear to be, and also demand admin rights thus i get 2 dialogue boxes each time i startup as vista is picky over what programs get admin rights, even if you select 'run as admin' for that program.

Any thoughts or ideas on eactly what these programs do anyone? and how to disable their behaviour

Halo Jones
Level :
Posted:10/5/2007 3:11:00 AM # 4
anyone any ideas?

D
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/5/2007 2:06:00 PM # 5
I do not know if this will work with vista as I only use xp pro. You could try going into msconfig and disabiling the service.

Halo Jones
Level :
Posted:10/5/2007 8:55:00 PM # 6

Thanks for the suggestion D.  I had actually looked into this, and within Vista you can use msconfig as with XP for selective startup and boot disabling, in this case the issue actually remains, as the two aforementioned program do not have any such listing within msconfig for scheduled loading at boot.  They must sneak in their load process some other way.

Any other suggestions?  Does anyone have any idea what these two processes actually do?

Pantelis
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/6/2007 4:42:00 AM # 7

I'm also unfamiliar with Vista, but have you checked to see if these items are being started as Services? In XP, you would go to the Services tab of MSCONFIG and hide all of the Microsoft services - it makes thelist to review shorter. They may be started at boot time here.

If so, you can disable from there or from the Services manager control app.

If not a service, you may also check in the registry to see if there are getting kicked off from there.

Curious to know - please keep us posted.

Halo Jones
Level :
Posted:10/7/2007 5:13:00 PM # 8
I had actually checked services also, and neither are listed there.  Basically leaves the registry as the point of origin one should think.  Within vista i haven't tried searching or looking for the respective keys relating to these 2 programs yet.  Whats still interests me greatly is just what on earth do these two processes do, they seem to be superstealthed, and i have yet to find any difference within my system if i chose to prevent them accessing the user system under boot, or allowing them to function.

Does anyone know where their keys would be, and especially have any idea what the two process do?

Halo Jones
Level :
Posted:10/13/2007 7:29:00 PM # 9
Does anyone know what thees two loading processes do?

asloader.exe aacenter.exe

Posted:11/4/2007 12:50:00 AM # 10
You can disable both of these processes in Vista through Task Scheduler.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.