SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > A7N8X-E Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]On-board sound does not with if front-audio plug is not plugged in New Topic
DarkCanuck
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/13/2007 11:44:00 AM # 1
I have an A7N8X-E Deluxe, and I just loaded Vista on it. (took a lot of coaxing, but that's for another thread)

Here is my issue...

When I do NOT have anything plugged into the front-audio jack on the motherboard, the on-board sounds does NOT work. However, when I plug in a 3.5" bay that fits in the floppy drive that has fron audio jacks, the on-board audio works fine. I have to have a plug in that front-audio jack on the motherboard for the on-board sound to work.

Is there a way around this? I don't want to have to have this 3.5" bay plugged in all the time. I have a feeling that this maybe a BIOS issue or a jumper issue, but after spending 30mins looking, I had no luck.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Gingko
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/1/2007 12:55:00 AM # 2
Hello,

Read the manual ... There are two jumpers that should shortcut between pins Line_Out_R and BLine_Out_R, and between Line_Out_L and BLine_Out_L on the FP_AUDIO front-panel connector, if the front-panel is not installed.

These jumpers were probably there when the motherboard was bought, but have certainly been removed when the front panel was first installed.

Gingko

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.