ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > EN7900 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]EN7900 MAJOR PROBLEMS New Topic
Beaulieu
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/13/2007 7:37:00 AM # 1
Hello, I bought an ASUS EN7900 GTX 512MB card last year and I started having problems a month ago.

Before I was able to play any games with maxed out graphics (for about 8 months) but now It seems I can't even play a game anymore(exept really old ones) because my computer crashes down by rebooting or fatal hardware error occurs.

Here I will tell you chronogically how my card went bad:

1st- Textures were stretching out of the bodies in a lot of games. (ex.: the texture of a tree is stretching to the end of the map ). Fps were a little bit lower.

2nd- My games were running very laggy, sometimes the computer was rebooting while I was playing, textures were stretching, colour distorded.

3rd- I can't even play a game, computer crashes when entering a game (after the loading in game; when the game is about to start), major hardware errors (windows recovered from a major error; blue screen crash). Really small and colourful pixels are appearing randomly on my Windows Desktop leaving colourful trails.

3DMARK06 DEMO CRASHES THE COMPUTER DOWN (BLACK SCREEN) OR LAG REALLY BAD

I'm 100% sure there's no Driver/Bios/Software problems I formated my computer several times and tried different installation methods.

I never overclocked my card and I am not wishing to underclock a card that I've overpaid.

I also read a lot on the internet cause it seems that a LOT of people are having MAJOR PROBLEMS with this card. These problems were similar to mine but no one seems to have the answer. No software/patch/bios update seems to fix this.

I heard putting some cooling/fan system OVER my card could solve the problem but I'm not interested about having problems with a card I paid over 600$ and I think that a consumer who paid over 600$ for a graphic card should not have problems.

I've seen people talk about this problem on other forums and it seems to be a problem not with the GPU but with little chips located over the card ("tension regulators" or something like that). These little chips are overheating (they go between 80-100 Celcius when they shouldn't go over 70) and when they fried your card is done. IT HAPPENS ON ALMOST EVERY EN7900 CARDS NO MATTER THE COMPANY MAKING IT (Asus, Leadtek, XFX, Point of view...).

THE EN7900 SERIES SEEMS PROBLEMATIC AND NO OFFICALS ARE TALKING ABOUT IT.

I'VE SEEN A LOT OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT SIMILAR PROBLEMS.
MY GPU ISN'T OVERHEATING (stays between 40-48).

Some people changed their card over 3 times and still get the same problem in the same interval of time. WHAT ?????? 

If I can't get anything out of this I won't trust NVIDIA like I used to.
I won't change my card 3 times. Only once then goodbye NVIDIA.
I can't stand paying over $600 for a PROBLEMATIC hardware.

Bye.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Silok
Level :
Posted:7/21/2007 11:49:00 AM # 2
Hi Beaulieu i got the exact same problem in the exact order than you. All you say is the same. except me it has started 2 months ago.

I dont know what the problem but i have installed driver version 93.71 (the pack you can download from asus site with the directx version who came with this pack) and now it a little more stable i get less crashed but anyway there is still a problem and we dont have a damn answer from asus.

I agree with you. When a paid 700$ CAN for a card i excpect some support and now we have none. I will not change my card 3 time too. I really hope we will have news really soon from asus.

Banzai
Level :
Posted:8/29/2007 11:43:00 PM # 3
I completely agree. I have the same issues than you, as hundreds of other users do. Most don't even know what is happening to their computer (who would guess that their 500$ card has a hardware issue) ?

I thought I had broken something in my computer until I stumbled in dozens of forums describing the exact same issue.

I am very disappointed in nvidia for not recognizing the issue. I am also disappointed that Asus stays silent about this problem (even if it isn't their fault, they could at least warn their customers like eVGA did and facilitate the return process). I'm having a headache trying to explain to my reseller that I did not brake my EN7900GT. It broke itself !

The problem has been known for over a year now, and we still don't get any help. It's outrageous.

sli
Level :
Posted:9/30/2007 8:54:00 AM # 4
Hi, I think I have the same problem with my ASUS EN7900 GTX 512MB .

Everything was fine for a few months but now some games are almost unplayable (mostly WoW and LOTRO).

Here are some screenshots of the bug I get :
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5322/bug1ja8.jpg
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8287/bug2rw1.jpg

Here is my config :
- win xp sp2
- athlon 64 X2 4400+
- 2 gb of ram
- A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard

I've tried everything, from video options tweaking to reinstalling games and drivers, and eventually formatting. I'm quite upset for a card I paid 500+ euros.

If anybody comes up with a solution I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks

Fubar
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/20/2008 6:34:00 PM # 5
My cards will be 2 years old in march 2009. they where working great for awhile now I get giant black spikes in games and figures and objects look so bad. From boot to shutdown small dots on my crt screen. Are these cards made to do this after 18 months. Can anyone tell me if Asus will honor the 3 year warranty on these cards?

Washout
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/18/2009 3:13:00 AM # 6

Hi All

I too have the same problem with my EN7900GTX and it also began a month or so ago.

The hardware does not appear faulty (mine is liquid cooled and never goes above 55degs C) and I am currently trying older driver versions as the problem appeared to start with 182.06 drivers but is OK with driver version 168.18
Using 168.18 does not appear to have full shader support in more modern games such as the latest Eve Online client whilst older engine games such as teh GTR racing series are fine.

I'm working my way up the driver versions form there to see where the problem occurs and I suspect that this is either a DirectX or Driver version problem with either a software switch not set correctly in the driver or a plain incompatibility with our cards.

I'll post again when I know what the latest working drivers are.

Coppers
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM # 7
I have the same on my last 7900 GT Top card. I cannot play any game i like.
Only this time it's my own fault to wait untill i have money, since there is 3 year warranty. My dad picked mine up in the store and forgot the invoice. stupid..
Anyway yeah this card sucks.

I had even another one, but the first was overheated.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.