Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > W7J  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]BUILT IN CAMERA NOT WORKING. New Topic
Souna
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/14/2007 12:28:00 AM # 1
Hey, Can anyone please help me fix my camera on my computer *notebook W7J*. i've dowloaded drivers for the camera but it still refuses to work. Please contact me through this or, my email souna_halibo@hotmail.com.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Nish Vamadevan
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:6/14/2007 12:42:00 AM # 2
What Operating System is it running on? Which Driver have you tried on your laptop? What is the camera called? Is it BisonCam?

You can find the Original Drivers here...

http://support.asus.com/download/download_item.aspx?product=3&model=W7J&SLanguage=en-us#

nish
cytan
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/1/2007 11:17:00 PM # 3

All,

I have the same problem with the W7J, whuch has a built in camera. I checked the control panel devices and it is a recognised device, drivers are present etc. Nothing suspicious BUT I cannot find the On Switch or any software to get the WebCam to work. I sent in a technical support request for help...let's see what they say.

Btw Nish, do you have a W7J laptop and is the webCam working?

LATEST, Check out Microsoft technical support. It appears VISTA does not support high resolution webcams but XP does..and it's by design...can you beat that. So we have a 1.4Meg webcam that is not supported by VISTA!!!

Not sure if this is ASUS mistake or Microsofts'

Nish Vamadevan
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:7/3/2007 9:12:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: cytan Posted: 7/1/2007 11:17:00 PM

All,

I have the same problem with the W7J, whuch has a built in camera. I checked the control panel devices and it is a recognised device, drivers are present etc. Nothing suspicious BUT I cannot find the On Switch or any software to get the WebCam to work. I sent in a technical support request for help...let's see what they say.

Btw Nish, do you have a W7J laptop and is the webCam working?

LATEST, Check out Microsoft technical support. It appears VISTA does not support high resolution webcams but XP does..and it's by design...can you beat that. So we have a 1.4Meg webcam that is not supported by VISTA!!!

Not sure if this is ASUS mistake or Microsofts'

Hi Cytan, I don't have the exact W7J laptop but I do / have work / worked with a quite few ASUS laptop very similar to W7J and got 2 of my own...

Correct me if I am wrong, Have you tried to update your laptop with Vista?

First of all, See whether programs like MSN messenger  / Skype picks up the Camera...

Is it BisonCamera? If so, see whether you could install the drivers on this page... (See my last comment on it)

http://www.nishv.com/2007/06/02/make-bisoncam-work-on-windows-vista/

This is a post I have made when working on my A6JA and got it working without any big hassle...

If that doesn't work, let me know I will investigate further...

nish
yee sheng
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/27/2007 10:00:00 PM # 5

All,

My laptop which FJ3C win XP also giving the same problem.the built-in camera was not working also. I dont know how to check my camera whether is Bison Camera or not.so could u guide me how to check? I worry is mine camera was burn. because i can feel the heat at the back which around the camera placed.

Beside the camera, the quality of the speaker is very lousy also. i cant heard clearly from other side during the msn. I will always heard my voice and the voice of other side is seem like very far or very weak. This problem was happen during i chat in the msn.

A millions thanks to those ans this question..

sorry for my broken english.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.