ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > A7V8X-MX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]A7VBX-MX i need drivers New Topic
ne2007
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/2/2007 2:04:00 AM # 1

hello

i have this computer HP media center pc m7730la, and this computers came with windows vista, but a change for windows xp, so i need the drivers for audio, and the motherboard came with this microship A7VBX-MX ,,,,,, please help me..

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:6/2/2007 3:34:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: ne2007 Posted: 6/2/2007 2:04:00 AM

I have this computer HP media center pc m7730la, and this computers came with windows vista, but a change for windows xp, so i need the drivers for audio, and the motherboard came with this microship A7VBX-MX ,,,,,, please help me..

A couple things need clarification...

The HP M7730LA Media Center PC uses the P5LP-LE motherboard based on Intel 945G for Intel LGA775 CPU, not the A7VBX-MX.  Secondly, there is no A7VBX-MX motherboard.  Did you mean A7V8X-MX?

The A7V8X-MX is a rather old Socket A/462 motherboard for AMD processors based on VIA KM400.  If this is the motherboard you have, it is not the original factory motherboard.

Please check the motherboard again to confirm.  Here is a link to the ASUS A7V8X-MX motherboard page with a product image for comparison:

http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=13&l3=64&l4=0&model=229&modelmenu=2

Need4speed7
Level :
Posted:3/10/2008 8:33:00 AM # 3
Hi,
I am hoping this article is still active and that you would receive this. I was looking for my driver disk and in not finding it, I decided to download the drivers. I had to look on the Mobo to get the model number etched on it... and it is A7BVX-MX.  There is no 8 where you say it should be.  I found this weired, after reading what you wrote.

What made sense to me is, that you also defined it further with the mention of the socket A that uses VIA KM400 chipset.  So in all, there are ppl out there who's Mobo has a "B" and not an "8".  Why?  I have No idea. I thank you however, for the enlightment.

Need4speed7
Level :
Posted:3/10/2008 8:41:00 AM # 4
Hi,

I had read your post and was interested. Although the next guy stated that your model # should include an 8 rather and a B, it remains a mystery to me. I too could not find my driver disk for my A7VBX-MX and decided to download them. But since I could not remember a few things, I opened the case and looked at the Mobo and copied the number I saw.

Problem was, I could not find it on the Asus website. So the next guys statement has merit to it. I just don't understand why the difference. I am wondering however, what was your solution?  Let me know if you get this. Thanks.

GoodOleRick
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:3/26/2008 11:59:00 AM # 5

The 8 may look like a B, but it is an 8.  Many users of the A8V also were lead astray.

It is an 8.

If at first you succeed - try not to look astonished.
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.