Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5B Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : None of your DTS Connect Motherboards work. New Topic
ktmchris
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/23/2007 11:54:00 AM # 1

The technical support entry form is broken and does not allow me to fillout the model or motherboard field.  I have filled out web master web site complain tickets on both slow/no access to your web site and the technical support form problem.

Now onto my real problem:

I have purchased and returned a P5B Deluxe board and many other boards many times in the past month trying to get any of Asus's DTS connect boards to work.. I originally tried the P5B Deluxe then the P5N32-E SLI, P5N32-E Plus SLI and M2N32-Deluxe and now I'm back on my 3rd P5B Deluxe.  The operating system is Windows XP Media Center 2005.  I have tried Corsair CM2X1024-6400, Patriot 6400LLK, Patriot 6400ELK.  Processor's I have tried are Conroe E6600, Conroe E4300 and AMD X2 5600+.  Tried all processors at standard and overclocked settings. For Video I have tried ATI X1950Pro, Nvidia 8800GTS, Nvidia 8600TS

In every case all of these motherboard randomly lockup with just a basic installation of Windows XP Media Center 2005.  Every single board locks up while just loading media center and navigating menu's to play videos and music.  EVERY Board, regardless processor, memory or video card.  I have updated every driver to the latest on your web site. So, either Microsoft Windows is broken, or some piece of software common to every board I have tried is broken.  That basically leaves motherboard drivers.  The only driver that is consistent between all of these boards is the sound driver being the AD1988B codec. Did Asus put a buggy sound chip in everyone of these boards, advertise them as having the cool DTS connect feature that we all want in our HTPC's, and then fail to deliver a working solution and not inform anybody that the sound card simply doesn't work......That is where my mind set is.

I have been a customer of Asus since your original P2B  series and have built hundreds of systems exclusively using your products.  I have never seen such a range of different products fail to operate with just a basic install of windows.

What is going on?  Have you guys gone from producing the premier motherboard in the industry to can't produce any board that works at all?

Chris Van Genderen

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Alexander
Level :
Posted:4/25/2007 5:50:00 AM # 2
It sure seems the problem is the audio driver software. My problems also points to that (see my post). And I don't use DTS.

Bonzo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/26/2007 7:10:00 PM # 3
Yep and don't worry, technical support won't even consider you (3 inquiries without an answer), I think they simply don't care and it's now a long time they behave this way. So guess what? I'll NEVER buy from Asus again, I can't spend so much money for a half-working mobo, I'm very disappointed!

Alexander
Level :
Posted:4/26/2007 9:19:00 PM # 4
Me too, I won't buy Asus again. Should have stayed with Intel motherboards: 4 years without a problem. When a company starts thinking about buying other companies they usually start to go the wrong way.

krank35
Level :
Posted:8/2/2007 10:20:00 PM # 5

I have the same probleme on a P5B in DTS format i dont have audio !!!!!

Card : P5B

System : WinXP

Soft : PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra

Drrl
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/3/2007 6:36:00 PM # 6
Same problem, whenever I enable DTS, it's a matter of minutes to total freeze. DTS was reason for picking this board, and of course good experience from earlier Asus products. Won't be anymore. Been waiting for manymany months for working drivers, and what the hell - last drivers are 3? months old and still no working DTS!! Well, autumn coming and students building new computers with their summer savings, for once i won't be giving them advice towards Asus products. Good reputation is hard to earn but easy to lose...

PB Deluxe, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400, ATI Radeon X1950PRO, Windows XP Pro + sp2

Pablo
Level :
Posted:8/18/2007 6:34:00 PM # 7

I'm not sure what 'DTS Connect' is (something to do with Media Center?). I simply connect via SPDIF to an external DTS/DD/AC3 Decoder and my new P5B Deluxe WiFi doesn't work properly. I can watch films with Dolby Digital perfectly. The receiver detects the format and plays everything. If I try to play something DTS it either doesn't work or St...u...tt...er...s  a..ll........th...e.......tim..e...

With my previous motherboard (P5W DH Deluxe) it all worked perfectly with the same receiver. the problem with my new P5B Deluxe WiFi is identical under Vista Ultimate and XP Pro.

Thi..s......su..x......dri..ver.....upda..te ???????????????????????????????????

Pablo

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.