Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M2NPV-VM  
  Forum  
  Topic : Where is Mediashield? New Topic
Roman
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/5/2007 9:27:00 PM # 1
I have hardware RAID1 configured on my M2NPV-VM and it appears to be running on my Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 however I do not have the Mediashield GUI in Windows. I'm trying to reintall it however I can't locate it on the CD or the ASUS downloads page. Can anyone tell me where it is?

RAID is enabled in BIOS, 64 bit drivers were installed using F6 during OS installation, the array appears as Healthy during boot, and both WD320Gb drives appear as a single drive in Computer Management - all seems good, but no Mediashield GUI.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Roman
Level :
Posted:4/6/2007 6:34:00 PM # 2
Solved - I think. For anyone looking for a missing MediaShield Windows GUI go to nVidia homepage and search for RAIDTOOL. The link to the Server 2003 x64 version is

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_x16_6.82.html

Install the drivers and then navigate down the NVIDIA directory looking for NvRaidMan.exe (or use search) and make a shortcut of it on your desktop - this is MediaShield. Now, although this starts MediaShield I'm not confident that it is properly integrated into the system. All of the files appear to be in the nVidia directory and I would have expected that they would also be in the Window System folder. Does Windows know how to activate MediaShield in the event of an array failure? According to the manual MediaShield will automatically alert you to array problems.

Thanks to JWC who posted a message last year on this.

Watts
Level :
Posted:10/21/2007 6:34:00 PM # 3

I am using the P5NT WS Motherboard nVidia Raid facilities, and have successfully set up a Raid 1 array using the Bios version of Mediashield. My problem is that I cannot access the Mediashield GUI from XP (32 bit).

When I run the nVidia Control panel there is no Storage option, just Display, Networking, and Video & Television. It's as if Mediashield has not been installed.

I have repeatedly tried to re-install the appropriate nVidia drivers using

9.53_nforce_680i_winxp_english_whql.exe

But, though it claims to have successfully installed, I suspect that it has failed as I do not have the utility mentioned above (NvRaidMan.exe) anywhere on the C: drive.

I am not booting from the RAID array.

I have contacted both nVidia & Asus, and their only suggestion so far is to re-install the drivers.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave.

Edit: I appear to have posted this in the wrong section. I will post it in the P5NT WS section.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.