Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P4S800D-X  
  Forum  
  Topic : Crash Free Bios 2 is BS!!! New Topic
Tom
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/9/2006 7:54:00 AM # 1
Well, I've done a lot of research BEFORE I needed to use this utility. Bottom line: What a CROCK of BULL this "Crash Free Bios 2" is!

FACT: if your bios is hosed, your PC CANNOT COMMUNICATE with its floppy drive, hard drive, USB ports or ANYTHING ELSE. Your CPU is BLIND, DEAF and PARILYZED!

FACT: When you have a FAILURE flashing your BIOS, you've given your motherboard a lobotomy. Unless you have a TRUE DUAL BIOS (i.e. a seperate spare BIOS chip on the motherboard), you are screwed! Crash Bios 2 is NOT going to help you recover from a bad flash.

FACT: ASUS is just blowing marketing smoke at you and if you ever have to call them on this they'll admit it.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
---
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/9/2006 11:45:00 AM # 2
If you had done the crash free bios 'research' you claim, you would have learned it isn't intended to recover 'hosed' bios resulting from a failed flash. Nothing except eprom reprogramming can recover a 'hosed' flash eprom.

Crash free bios - follow this carefully now - is intended to permit simple recovery from a bios crash due to incorrect bios settings, as you will get from incrementing clock rates or timings during overclocking experiments.  It simply lets you get back into bios so you can correct the bad settings - and that's a FACT.

tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:12/9/2006 2:29:00 PM # 3
lol!  I guess that's why ASUS called it "Crash Free" instead of "Failed Flash Free" BIOS.

The OP drudged up a half dozen old topics that have been inactive for weeks or months and added the same message to them verbatim.  I guess flaunting his own ignorance one time wasn't good enough, he had to make sure that six times as many people know that he can't read.  lmao!

RobTech
Level :
Posted:12/15/2006 6:49:00 AM # 4

Gheeze Tom, lighten up why don't you? If you hadn't screwed up the flash process you'd have no reason to POST your message....HAHAHA!

dude
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/27/2006 12:47:00 PM # 5
crash free isnt the same as bios flash proof.
a crash isnt the same as a bios messup, even with dual bioses if you messup youre done!
they do allow more error but if you give someone a labotomy will they remember?

Filho
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/24/2007 6:02:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Jay Posted: 12/9/2006 11:45:00 AM

Crash free bios - follow this carefully now - is intended to permit simple recovery from a bios crash due to incorrect bios settings, as you will get from incrementing clock rates or timings during overclocking experiments.  It simply lets you get back into bios so you can correct the bad settings - and that's a FACT.

The manual claims that "The CrashFree BIOS is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the BIOS file when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process"

Of course, you can object that: the manual doesn't explain in what manner the BIOS can be corrupted in order to make the CrashFree application useful. But the last sentence suggests it can - in some magical manner, perhaps - get around the situation of a BIOS corrupted by bad flashing. My problem happened after a flashing that ocurred normally, it's not clear to me if the reboot after a flashing is still inside the "updating process", otherwise I could say for certain that the CrashFree program doesn't work.

Your correction was not present on my manual (E2697). That knowledge should come a priori, not the way it's being for those who are now paying for a BIOS reflash. The manual should clarify what cases of BIOS corruption the CF utilty could not handle.

OmegaRed
Level :
Posted:10/5/2007 12:31:00 AM # 7
Ok this all makes sence, but what do i do with my hosed up bios, send the mobo to asus?

Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/9/2007 11:57:00 AM # 8
If you Registered your board it should have a three year warranty, no?

I say send it it!!!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.