Forum  
  Topic : M6R and Vista? New Topic
Harrison
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/5/2006 6:01:00 PM # 1
Hi

Throughout the Vista beta and RC process I've tried installing various versions on my M6R laptop. I can get vista installed but it always fails to get the network/wireless/video devices working properly. From memory I think the error for most of these devices is that there are no resources free (but I cannot manually set the resources either!)

Has anybody else experienced this or managed to find a work around?

Thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply

Posted:12/31/2006 7:41:00 PM # 2
align="left">

Hi I do not like your luck, you need 1GB Ram and a better video card than the MR6 has, you need at least an ATI Radeon 9550+ to successfully run Vista

raphaelc
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM # 3
Hello.
I also am having trouble installing Vista on my M6R. I do have 1Gb Ram (upgraded thanx to the slot behind) and Vista should run correctly without the aero-glass interface and without the need to have a powerfull video chip. The big problem seems that most of the hardware (network adapters, etc...) is not at all recognised by Vista, so you can't even install the drivers even if you have them. This is anoying. Does anyone have a clue ? If ASUS is to say the M6R is not at all compatible with Vista, thanks for not making us waste our time.
Oh well...

raphaelc
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/26/2007 10:16:00 PM # 4
...also, forgot to specify that I did run the test program (the one from microsoft) where it says that my system is ok to install Vista.

skarakis
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/13/2007 10:18:00 PM # 5
I have an asus m6r with burned motherboard. I replaced picture on web. Do you have any picture for your laptop's motherboard or Can you take a big photo which shows the part/parts mentioned on the link below. Thanks a lot.

http://jeodezi.karaelmas.edu.tr/m6r_3.jpg

Eddy
Level :
Posted:9/11/2007 9:58:00 AM # 6

could you please support Vista drivers for M6R .. i got enough memory and the vista advisor said OK..

so please work on its driver :(

Eddy
Level :
Posted:9/11/2007 9:59:00 AM # 7

could you please support Vista drivers for M6R .. i got enough memory and the vista advisor said OK..

so please work on its driver :(

stillie
Level :
Posted:9/17/2007 8:56:00 PM # 8
We should each write an email requesting ASUS release drivers for Vista.

I'm surprised they haven't. I have a similarly spc'd IBM notebook with good drivers. Why can't ASUS do it?

Rowel
Level :
Posted:9/18/2007 1:01:00 AM # 9
ASUSe, bre, daj već jednom taj ATKACPI drajver za Windows Vist-u, please...

stillie
Level :
Posted:9/18/2007 7:13:00 PM # 10
I sent ASUS an email. This is what they said:

" The ASUS laptops with the label "windows vista capable" will be supported with the vista version but if there is not this label, ASUS will not release the vista drivers for it, so if your laptop has this lable, could you please wait for some time and pay attention to the official website for your model? We will release the drivers as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience. Wish you have a nice day."

Obviously I disappointed that ASUS are not supporting their products. For that reason, I will probably not purchase another ASUS product that requires updated drivers. As I said before, I have an IBM laptop which is roughly the same age as my ASUS laptop, and IBM have released Vista drivers.

My ASUS laptop is still under warranty, yet the latest mainstream OS is unsupported. I can't think of a good reason why that should be the case.

I can only suggest that we continue to appeal to ASUS to release drivers.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.