ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > F3Jc  
  Forum  
  Topic : speakers not working but headphones work New Topic
jochua
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/5/2006 11:07:00 AM # 1
Hi,

Does anyone encountered a problem with their F3JC's speakers?

My problem is that I have to plug my headphones to be able to listen to any sounds/music. But when I unplugged the headphones, the built-in speaker don't work anymore. It used to work but now it doesn't.

Please advice as how to resolve the problem. Thanks a bunch!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Zippo
Level :
Posted:10/5/2006 8:52:00 PM # 2
are you sure you have not modified your soundcard output from the control panel?

Bratlie
Level :
Posted:10/12/2006 8:58:00 AM # 3
I got the F3JA.
This happend to me at first. When I plugged in the jack the speaker was cut off fine and everything worked fine. After a couple of days the speaker would not come on after I plugged out the jack. I thought nothing of it and thought perhaps there was a software sollution to the problem. Now today after using the msn webcam function the speakers suddenly turned on while I had my headphones in the jackplug.
So my problem has escalated to not being able to turn of the speakers at all.
I know alot of people have the same problem and the only sollution seems to be to change the soundcard....

Thordur
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/24/2006 10:41:00 PM # 4
I have a similar problem related to speakers/headphones. My notebook is a F3JC series and the built-in speakers don't turn off when I insert headphones into the connector on the front of the notebook. Has anyone encountered a similiar problem and has someone a solution for me, please?

Tech Points : 5
Posted:10/25/2006 11:13:00 AM # 5
Have tried to reinstall the audio driver for a try?

Just do it...
Thordur
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/25/2006 7:24:00 PM # 6
Yes, tried to reinstall the audio driver. Will try to reset the BIOS now. Lets see...

Thordur
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/25/2006 7:59:00 PM # 7
Reinstalled both the audio driver and a new bios, but didn't work. Very disappointed:(

Kults
Level :
Posted:10/27/2006 9:54:00 PM # 8
Hi!

I've got the same problem. Speakers don't work anymore. Has someone gone to the warranty service or sth and found a way to fix it?

pdadel
Level :
Posted:10/30/2006 10:41:00 PM # 9

I have reported exactly the same problem. Is there any option that allows us to enable/disable
speakers. Is there anyone from Asus to provide solution to this problem??

Thordur
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/31/2006 12:32:00 AM # 10

I have been trying to figure out how to disable the built-in speakers but have not been succesful yet. The support I get from ASUS sucks so I believe I have to figure it out by myself and some help is appreciated.

I think that the optical SPDIF port is working (haven't tested it though) but I can mute everything except the SPDIF and there is still light coming from the port. That leads me to believe the SPDIF port is transmitting sound signal even though the built-in speakers are muted. If this is true it would be a solution to buy digital headphones with a built-in D/A converter but I don't know whether they exist? Does anyone have any idea with regards to that?

Any other ideas, anyone? How on earth can I disable the built-in speakers through software?

1 2 3 4 5  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.