Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P4BGV-MX  
  Forum  
  Topic : P4BGV-MX bios on P4GV-LA New Topic
Slay3r420
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/9/2006 7:32:00 AM # 1
Is it true the P4GV-LA is a clone of the P4BGV-MX as i see all over the net? If it is can i safely use the MX bios on the LA to be abel to use some of the overclocking features that is not avalible on the LA? Or if its not possible to do a bios swap on this board is there anyway to unlock overclocking features on the LA? The LA is a board i bought off a freind it works perfect but being a asus i planned to overclock it so i really need some idea of what i can do. Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Slay3r420
Level :
Posted:6/9/2006 8:25:00 AM # 2
I really need some help here the ASUS P4GV-LA has no drivers or bios updates avalible anywhere even from asus, and everywhere i check and ask on other forum tell me my asus mobo is a clone of a ASUS P4BGV-MX and i really need to know if its safe or even possible to use the P4BGV-MX bios and updated drivers etc?

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18409
Posted:6/9/2006 10:00:00 AM # 3
You have to be very careful here.  This mainboard is most likely a proprietary Hp, Compaq, Fujitsu-Siemens, etc. and will have a special BIOS to work with proprietary hardware on the board.  Trying to falsh an 'alien' BIOS could ruin the board.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00363478&locale=en_US

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
---
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/9/2006 10:08:00 AM # 4
The p4gv-la is an oem mb built by ASUS for Hewlett Packard.  ASUS does not support oem mb's. Support for this board, if there is any, will have to come from HP - but you will not get an unlocked bios for this board from HP, that's for sure.

I actually loaded an ASUS bios on to an HP mb a number of years ago.  While it did unlock many bios features, it also caused the fans to run out of control at full speed. And, it made the bios screens look very strange.  Since it was, back then,  my only 'good' mb, I chickened out before testing the unlocked features and I flashed the bios back to the original one.  If yours is an unimportant mb, go ahead and try an ASUS bios.  It may work.  Then again, it may never return from ya-ya land.

If you do this, please post your results. 

Slay3r420
Level :
Posted:6/9/2006 11:22:00 AM # 5
Well its in the pc im using now and is my main pc currently came out of a hp a1010n currently i have a 2.93 celeron d 1gb ram in it overclocked with speedfan to 3500ish mhz the whole reason i was looking into this i assumed if i had actuall oc options i could easily pass 4000mhz.
I really would't want to attempt this unless i could easily go back to the hp bios without frying the board.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.