ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Optical Storage  
  Forum  
  Topic : AsusDVD Software key? New Topic
Hawkes
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/17/2006 6:44:00 AM # 1
I just received today the Asus E616A and am attempting to install the software, but can't find the key.  Where should it be located?  The CD sleeve has nothing on it and the manual is generic. 

-Hawkes

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Newton
Level :
Posted:1/21/2006 8:08:00 AM # 2
The CD Key is on the CD itself.  It says S/N: and then the CD Key letters/numbers. 
It took me a little while to figure this out.  This has got to be the most moronic thing ASUS has ever done.  The instructions are junk.  You don't find out that you need a cd key until after the disc is in the drive and it is on the disc, so you have to eject and start all over again.  Man, what idiots.  And why should we need a cd key anyway.  Is there really a huge pirated disc market for asus dvd???? I think not.

Keith
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/16/2006 11:39:00 AM # 3
I tried that with my S/N on the cd and it didn't work.   Any ideas?

MAH
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/22/2006 6:48:00 AM # 4
I have the same problem s/n does not work - additional information would be removed by moderator - I see no solution ever!!!!

MAH
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/22/2006 7:02:00 AM # 5
I restarted the PC and tried again - I had 2 letters and 14 numbers hence the 16 character code - I wasted a couple of hours and shortened my life by considerably more! Hpe this helps the next guy!

rj
Level :
Posted:12/25/2006 8:33:00 PM # 6
The serial number on the cd is shorter than what is needed. There are still 3 blocks unfilled using the s/n indicated on the cd when I tried to activate asusdvd.. WTF!!!

Tussock
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/28/2006 5:39:00 PM # 7
I had the same question about activating my ASUS DRW-1608P3S.  ASUS support said: "AsusDVD is an OEM version, it does not need to activate in the installation process."  Any upgrade has to be purchased.   

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.