ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > PDA > MyPal A636  
  Forum  
  Topic : How To Reset To Factory Settings New Topic
Justin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/15/2006 4:33:00 AM # 1
Hi! I need to perform a hard reset, but so far have only been able to perform a soft reset! The manual says: The Welcome screen apppears when you turn on the device for the first time, or after performing a hard reset. NOTE: To perform a hard reset, press and hold the power button while you press the tip of the stylus on the reset switch. Well I've done exactly that several times, and after the 'ASUS - Heart of technology' screen comes and goes I'm landing back on the today screen with the only visable sign of a reset being the clock reset! It doesn't say if the A636 needs to be off or on or how long to hold down the power button. (I installed a enhanced keyboard application, which wasn't compatible and it won't un-install!) Can anyone help?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Justin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/15/2006 6:04:00 AM # 2
That manual page is incorrect. A hard reset *won't* reset the unit back to the factory defaults. This is explained a couple of pages earlier. The way to do a "clean boot" (back to factory defaults) AND get the Windows Mobile welcome screen (where you align the screen) as mentioned in my previous post is to hold the volume down and mode switcher buttons and then press the reset button.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.