Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > EAX1800 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : Black screen at boot. New Topic
NightPort
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/3/2005 12:52:00 AM # 1
Ok, This may be put into the wrong forum, but I am unsure whats causing the problem. Anyway here it goes. When I boot up my computer it goes through it's checks and boots everything up. However when it is starting the OS all I get is a black screen. Nothing turns off it just never gives me anything other than a black screen. Is this my graphics card? If so what can I do to get this fixed or is there something else that could be wrong? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
novo
Level :
Posted:12/3/2005 1:01:00 AM # 2
I had this same problem last night,  It could be a number of things.  For me it wasn't my graphics card it was my RAM, try to take out the RAM and re insert them, after i reinserted them i reset my cmos.  I found out my RAM was defective.  Don't know if this is much help but thats what happened to me.

NightPort
Level :
Posted:12/3/2005 3:57:00 AM # 3
That is one of the things that I think may be wrong as well. I just ordered some new RAM to upgrade what I have so I'm hoping that when it gets here it will work out. I did remove and reinsert the RAM and reset the cmos. Still black screen after that. So if the new RAM works then problem solved. I really don't want it to be the gfx card.

Ufoeke
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/16/2006 8:00:00 AM # 4
Iam glad that iam not the only one with this problem, but i came up with one soultion that i dont wanna have, and that was to install ATI drivers 6,1-6,3 someone of them, if i install newer versions it goes black after the boot thingie.
I have change my PSU, RAM, Motherboard nothing helps and re-installed winxp like 10 times.
Dont have any more ideas to come up with.

If someone else out there would know whats wrong plz post the problem to us.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.