Forum  
  Topic : Camera Driver New Topic
Coucheron
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/13/2005 9:21:00 PM # 1
Hey all,

I was wondering where on earth the web camera drivers are located on the asus website. Windows keeps asking for them, and I cant find the CD that came with the computer when i bought it... Thanks!

David

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tim
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/3/2005 7:42:00 PM # 2
Greetings,

Tech support recommends that you search the forums, yet they dont check the forums to see if questions have gone unanswered.  HELLO?  TECH SUPPORT?  I hate it when I am "that guy" waiting for an answer...

You can download them from the Asus website, or one is even available from Windows Update as an optional hardware update.  BE WARNED - the driver i downloaded form windows update made my computer crash (blue screen of death and then immediate shutdown) every time i tried to use the camera, so make sure you set a system restore point before trying this.

DavidS
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/3/2005 10:39:00 PM # 3
Hi

I have had the same problem with the bluescreen after updating drivers. I tried updating with both the new download on Windows update and the driver version  V2.6.0.20 from  2005/07/21 on the Asus download site. Both caused the laptop to bluescreen.

I rolled back the driver to the previous version and all was OK.

David

tim
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/4/2005 12:49:00 AM # 4
Thanks for chiming in - I actually could not roll back the driver (it said there was no backup) after "upgrading" using the driver downloaded from Asus.  I had to use system restore to do it...glad it worked for you!

delmar
Level :
Posted:8/12/2005 8:01:00 AM # 5

I have a problem with the camera not working properly. the camera would not be in synch with the sound which is crucial to me as i use the laptop also to record music lessons.

i contacted tech support and they sent me a link to download the latest driver for the camera. result was that now my lifeframe softwar wont show the webcam and also won't allow to record.
very frustrating.

thanks

delmar

Coucheron
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/22/2005 2:29:00 PM # 6
It's a fact that the driver must be a weak point. The latest driver thats on their page thats around 3 MB just made it uninstall, and every time I initialize the camera, I only see a black picture. I also tried the driver thats on the windows update pages, but that makes my computer have a blue screen and reboots itself. So I uninstalled the device from the device manager, so it had to re install itself after next reboot. That fixed the problem. Best, David

Santarsiero
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/25/2006 3:08:00 AM # 7

My situation with the webcam is dramatic.

Feature is randomic, sometimes works sometimes no.It depends on how many USB devices I have attached (even because the webcam is an internal USB2 device, and if there are too much devices attached, the power usage goes down and windows "unplug" automatically the camera).

But...

Also downloading the latest drivers I have the same problems. The only version of working drivers was the .2.6.0.20 I think, which is not anymore on the site.

Anyway, I discovered that the only way to have the camera working is do a shutdown (not reboot, shutdown), installing again the new drivers, and having no USB devices attached.

BisonCam is the worst I saw around...

K
Level :
Posted:1/6/2009 12:29:00 PM # 8
Hello ASUS!

Please answer this often-posed question.

If we look for "ASUS W5 a01" on google,
we get a lot of results: http://www.google.de/search?q=asus+w5+a01
and ALL of them result in this broken link on the ASUS-website:
http://www.asus.com/busy.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/support/download/download.aspx

So please tell us where to find the newest webcam driver.

And please programm a tool to completely remove all webcam-related drivers,
because many of us users can't get their webcam back to work...

Thanks!
Andreas

Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:1/6/2009 12:38:00 PM # 9

You can download the webcam 1.3M CMOS Camera Driver for Windows XP V2.6.0.48 (in utilities) from the following ASUS support site of W5A.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=W5A

Cheers!!

asanz
Level :
Posted:2/20/2009 8:49:00 PM # 10
I did as you suggest, but the camera it doesn't work,
I remember in the past you had a
USB2.0 camera drivers of this model (W5A) in the same ASUS support area, but now its not here.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.