ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > W5A  
  Forum  
  Topic : Problem with the Spacebar New Topic
Suwaidi
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/11/2005 2:21:00 PM # 1
just got my W5A

The keyboard is fine but the spacebar is highly sensitive, only touching it (not press) and it activates and mostly hangs as if i am pressing it down.

took me awhile to figure the source of the problem as i was typing and my fingers/hand was slightly touching the spacebar.

I find this very annoying and I cant type much  because of this problem

anybody else experience this?
is there a quick fix?
or should i return it for serivce?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
madu
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/23/2005 6:12:00 AM # 2
I bought my W5A in Ukraine in July 05. I have aproblem with SPACEBAR being TOO SENSITIVE!!! It is very annoying because when using touchpad you have your 4th finger slightly touching the spacebar and it goes off..... you open a Word document, try to scroll, but it just types spaces in the doc. Or if you press (with your palm) on the sides of laptop - just above PCMCIA or SD slot - same problem. If you lift laptop and hold it by front (thumbs left and right of touchpad, other fingers underneath) - same problem!! Sorry, but it's FU**ING ANNOYING!!! DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING SOLUTION! - It is not a technical solution, and you should better go to your SHOP and claim WARRANTY or REPLACEMENT! Only do this if you need a "quick fix" or don't want to replace your laptop, because you have already spent 1 day cleaning and (re)installing all the software and have your hard drive full of files from an old machine (that is now gone). SOLUTION (how i fixed this): - take a knife, or better a wooden flat bar (not to mark any plastic) - slip (put) the knife under SPACEBAR key and twist|lift a little until the plastic piece comes off - you will see two white plastic "things" left and right, in the middle will be a RUBBER thingie (round shaped) - take the rubber thingie and move 1mm (maybe 2 or 3mm) to the right (or to the left) - place the plastic SPACEBAR key back on top and press HARD (not very!) on the sides until it CLICKS back in those 2 white "things" RESULT: You will no longer have a problem with spacebar pressing automatically... But it will not press like other keys- will be more loud.

apink
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/12/2006 1:43:00 PM # 3

i have the same problem...

so how?

how u fix it?

thanks bro...

ciao

Posted:12/28/2006 6:34:00 AM # 4

I have got exactly the same problem, which prevents me to enjoy the pleasure of writing emails/documents and work from home. It really goes from time to time. Sometimes it is awful and I would throw away my notebook, whereas sometimes it works just fine..

I really hope that someone from ASUS can revert to us and explain what is this problem which really looks like a bug in their W series notebooks.

Thanks

Quote:

Author: Suwaidi Posted: 7/11/2005 2:21:00 PM

just got my W5A

The keyboard is fine but the spacebar is highly sensitive, only touching it (not press) and it activates and mostly hangs as if i am pressing it down.

took me awhile to figure the source of the problem as i was typing and my fingers/hand was slightly touching the spacebar.

I find this very annoying and I cant type much  because of this problem

anybody else experience this?
is there a quick fix?
or should i return it for serivce?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.