Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > V9520 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]USB2.0 2.0M UVC Webcam New Topic
Steve
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/31/2011 8:12:00 AM # 1
I have just purchased an ASUS N43FJ-A1 notebook and am having problems with the built-in 2.0M webcam. Unfortunately, there was no suitable category to make this inquiry. The resolution & refresh on this webcam is terrible. You cannot have a live video chat using this webcam since the camera appears to refresh about every 3-5 seconds and the resolution is more suited to a 0.2M ...the image is so fuzzy that facial details are non-existent !! Is there a software fix or patch in the works ? The webcam shows up on the notebook as USB2.0 2.0M UVC Webcam

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Snapped
Level :
Posted:2/5/2011 4:05:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: Steve Posted: 1/31/2011 8:12:00 AM

I have just purchased an ASUS N43FJ-A1 notebook and am having problems with the built-in 2.0M webcam. Unfortunately, there was no suitable category to make this inquiry. The resolution & refresh on this webcam is terrible. You cannot have a live video chat using this webcam since the camera appears to refresh about every 3-5 seconds and the resolution is more suited to a 0.2M ...the image is so fuzzy that facial details are non-existent !! Is there a software fix or patch in the works ? The webcam shows up on the notebook as USB2.0 2.0M UVC Webcam

Steve, I have same problem. Were you able to resolve this issue? I am still waiting to hear from ASUS on this.

Snapped
Level :
Posted:2/9/2011 1:49:00 AM # 3
I was able to fix the issue by downloading the correct webcam driver all by myself.

Go to http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us and follow simple instructions. Otherwise you may contact support but it may take forever.

Snapped
Level :
Posted:2/11/2011 1:01:00 AM # 4
I take it back. It appears that the built in camera is LOW QUALITY. The framerate problem is still there! But at least I figured that with better lighting.. you get better framerate. If there is a better solution.. please let us know. Thanks.

Steve
Level :
Posted:2/13/2011 4:11:00 AM # 5
I am also waiting for ASUS to reply. I've connected an external Logitech C510 webcam and this works great with no additional drivers, but defeats the purpose of paying for a built-in webcam. If I don't hear from ASUS this week, I'll be returning this laptop. It is a great laptop in all other respects.

Edgars
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/13/2011 11:03:00 PM # 6
I have the same problem. The same camera but the computer Asus N53JF. Asus team haven't replied for my enquiries yet as well. Sometimes picture quality is very good as it should be but basicly it's on a slow framerate.

David
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/7/2011 3:23:00 PM # 7
have you heard a response? I'm also looking for a solution to this, if there is one.

Steve
Level :
Posted:3/16/2011 11:43:00 PM # 8
The only response I received was a question of whether my problem was resolved yet !!! I responded on Feb 18 with a no and re-explained the problem....no response. I have since returned the laptop for a full refund.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.