Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > MATRIX-GTX780TI-P-3GD5  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]warranty misunderstanding New Topic
likhitskyi
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/16/2017 5:59:00 AM # 1

Hello, my name is Oleksii Likhitskyi and I'm a customer from Ukraine.

I have graphic card ASUS GTX 780Ti Matrix Platinum S/N E7YVCM000360.

But one day my card has broken, no longer display an image on the screen, and I contacted an Authorized Service Center. They told me that they do not accept this type of products and advised me to contact the seller. Seller told me that they had given only 12 months of warranty for this card, but on the box the term of warranty is 36 months and by serial nomber also 36. Actually I don't trust the seller and I want to check the warranty terms of my card. Nobody wants to help me and explain the situation.

I'm very sad because of this, what should I do in this case?

Do I have a chance for service maintenance in my case?

Please, help me. Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
greengb
Level :
Tech Points : 375
Posted:6/16/2017 7:27:00 AM # 2
Asus provides 36-month limited warranty for their graphics card in general but it might vary from one country to another.

A local service centre usually will service laptops, mobile phones...etc and not graphics card.  If you bought your card in Ukraine, I suggest you to contact Asus directly.

Be read to have a proof of purchase (ie the sales receipt showing the date that you bought the card) because the warranty period began on that date.
If you do not have a receipt, sometimes they will use the date of manufacture of the card to count as the first day of the warranty period.

https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm/?lang=en-uk
(Choose Ukraine in the bottom)

Lastly, this is not an official Asus website.  It is a user forum that end users like you and me come and help each other.

likhitskyi
Level :
Posted:6/16/2017 6:27:00 PM # 3

I had contacted to Asus directly using https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm/ 

Also, I have the sales receipt, but Asus telling me that they can do nothing in my case and I need to find seller only. But what if can't find him? Or seller ignoring me? 

Actually in my country warranty for graphic card is 36 months, only my seller decided to reduce it. I don't know can seller do that thing? And if I lose contact with seller can I have normal 36 months warranty from Asus directly?

And of course, I understand that this is user forum, but I'm asking for help from users, maybe someone was in a similar situation.

Thank you for your answer!

greengb
Level :
Tech Points : 375
Posted:6/16/2017 7:19:00 PM # 4
I am not familiar with the practice in your country.  In mine, it is not unusual that a local 'authorized dealer' will provide service for the entire warranty period but it is also common that they will cover a portion of the warranty period and let Asus to cover the remaining duration.

So, it is possible that your seller only covers the first 12 months and then the remaining 24 months will be covered by Asus directly.  Of course, I am guessing and you must contact Asus for confirmation. 

If this is the case, then the general procedure is to mail your card to Asus (after obtaining a RMA number from them) and they will mail to back to you after repair.

If Asus in Ukraine does not give you satisfactory answer, maybe you can contact Asus Headquarter in Taiwan. 

likhitskyi
Level :
Posted:6/21/2017 6:38:00 PM # 5
So I continued dispute with Ukrainian techsupport and they advised me to contact Asus Service Center in Germany where the video card was purchased, to solve my problem.  > And I contacted to Germany Asus E-Support and told them that I have graphic card which was bought in Germany and then shipped to Ukraine, but now has broken and I asked them to help me with service maintenance. Then the answer for my question was that Technical Support Division ASUS Germany recommended me to contact repair department in Germany directly. >  I wrote a letter to rma_germany@asus.com, telling them all the situation, and after few minutes they gave me a short answer "I am sorry - but your product only have local warranty. We do need a german Address for Service.". > So is that all? I'm desperate...I hoped that germany rma would definitely help me.

likhitskyi
Level :
Posted:9/6/2017 12:43:00 AM # 6
>>So, the story happy ending!>I had find friends in Germany and they helped me to send graphic card to Asus RMA. RMA was return me other fully functional card and finally I recover my system.[IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h435/Yambo_Killa/AsusMatrix1_zpsfcgfnrmj.jpg[/IMG]

::
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.