ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > ENGTX570 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]gtx570 cu, blank screen until windows login page New Topic
Rick
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/30/2011 11:36:00 PM # 1
I just installed a new gtx570 direct cu graphics card and now getting a blank screen on start up until the windows login screen appears. After that the card seems to work great. I have a flat screen vga monitor connected to one of the DVI ports via the supplied adaptor. It might be something simple like I need to buy a cable or adaptor to plug into the other ports but I can't find any information on this. I would like to be able to read the start-up messages and bios so any help would be appriciated. Thank you.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
RIK
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 335
Posted:12/31/2011 1:10:00 AM # 2
You can always disable the quick boot option in the bios.
Now to get in the bios you need to press/tap a specific key which changes with motherboard/manufacturer.

You will get more information on entering the bios in the MOBO documentation that came with it.

Also there is a feature in windows (run command: msconfig) that allows you set specific boot options.

You can check to see if everything(precisely the NO GUI BOOT option under the boot tab) is set correctly over there.If its checked , un-check it.

R3E-Core i7 980X-GTX 580
Rick
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/31/2011 1:35:00 AM # 3
i cannot see the bios or post messages, it is like the new graphics card is not outputting a signal until windows drivers start up. I could see the bios and post messages with my old 6200 turbocache graphics card ok.

RIK
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/31/2011 2:43:00 AM # 4
are you trying to say that when you startup your monitor starts in standby mode and just when the login screen appears it comes active? if that's the case then its really weird , maybe a bios thing so the next time you enter windows try reinstall the drivers and the firmware of the gpu. Also try updating the Mobo bios

R3E-Core i7 980X-GTX 580
Rick
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/31/2011 3:09:00 AM # 5
Yes, that's what i am saying. I have the latest drivers and firmware for the card. I just now installed a new bois for the motherboard. (i had to reinstall my old card so i could see what i was doing) The old card still worked. I put the new card back and still have same problem the monitor is dark/standby mode until windows login screen appears. I'm wondering if i have to be plugged into the hdm port or the display port and not the DVI ones, but i don't see that ought to make a bifference. I'm at a loss and it's a real pain swapping the graphics cards just to read the bios.

RIK
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/31/2011 2:08:00 PM # 6
Do you have a dual monitor setup with the current one set to extended display ?

You could clear the cmos manually from the MOBO. To do that read your MOBO manual.
Its different for different boards.

I know i have this kind of occurrence with my GTX 580.

R3E-Core i7 980X-GTX 580
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.