SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > EN9600 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]No DISPLAY/BLACK SCREEN when Graphics card is installed New Topic
Silo
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/20/2009 8:24:00 PM # 1
align="justify">

I have got a big problem story. I had a graphics card ASUS EN9600GT BLACKPEARL running safe and sound on my pc. I screwed it up when i tried to update smart doctor and gamer OSD to make some improvements (WITHOUT uninstalling the previous versions of those softwares as I didn’t know). Resultantly whenever I switched on the computer my screen resolution (which was normally at 1024x768 res) abnormally changed to 800x600 and no graphics card was detected. I heard on these forums that u have to uninstall osd and smatdoc AND NVIDIA DRIVERS +some smartdoc REGISTRY files before installing new versions in order to gain full functions and I did so.

After a restart my monitor displayed ONLY A BLACK SCREEN NOT even saying “NO SIGNAL”"(ALTHOUGH THE COMP WAS RUNNING NORMAL AND WINDOWS STARTING SOUNDS Could BE HEARD). I removed the cable from the graphics card and attached the monitor with the MOTHERBOARD input but same happened .I REMOVED the graphics card from my comp and again attached the monitor cable to my motherboard and the display came back then I removed all drivers and everything from my computer (also used DRIVER CLEANER –a utility) so as to give a fresh new start but it did not work as soon as I put my G-card back display goes off I mean I can see only a black screen as described before. WITH THE G-CARD INSTALLED INTO THE SLOT ON THE MOTHEBOARD I can only see the display by changing bios settings…VIDEO CONFIG-->PRIMARY DISPLAY ADAPTER -->CHANGING FROM “AUTO” TO “INTEL GRAPHICS (IGD)”.(I have an integrated vga on the intel motherboard but not enough to meet my requirements). Now I can see the display but the comp of course reacted as no G-card is installed.

align="justify">

Plzplzplz help me I have completely lost it. I can do nothing without my g-card. I think my G-CARD IS fine as it looks fine (Fan is running+etc). I THINK it’s a mobo prob or a corrupt registry. I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions???????

align="justify">

Anyway my specs are:

align="justify">
  •       Intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz E7300
  •       4gb ram
  •       Intel motherboard with only 1 PCIE slot
  •       An ASUS G-CARD EN9600gt BLACKPEARL which is not working.

align="justify">

I also updated all my Intel drivers but no luck.

align="justify">

Plz help!Thankx in advance.

align="justify">

align="justify">

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.