Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Barebone > T2-P  
  Forum  
  Topic : Boot BIOS errors New Topic
cainisloopus
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/21/2006 5:25:00 AM # 1

We have several workstations built on the T2-P chassis.  One is currently not functioning.

The error we are getting is:

Intel r8565 PCI accelerated SVGA BIOS

Build #: 3327 PC Dev 04/12/2004 15:02:31

Decompilation or Disassemply prohibitied

Copyright © 200-2003 Intel Corp.

Bad BIOS or checksum

Start BIOS recovery

Checking for floppy

Floppy not found

Checking for CD-Rom

CD-Rom not found

Etc…

The system is an Asus T2-P bb.sb / dlx(as-t2800)

SN:  570u007569

This error started one morning when the system was turned on.  It had been successfully shut down the night before.

I have put the system CD-Rom in and the computer has booted and found the P4P8T.rom file and has said that it has reprogrammed the BIOS, but each time the system is restarted the same error comes up.

A newer bios is on the website, but it is not listed as P4P8T.rom.  It is in fact P4P8T-ASUS-1011.ami.  Because of the name difference the BIOS restore program does not recognize the file as a replacement BIOS.  I did change the name to P4P8T.rom, and the system again said it was reprogramming the BIOS, but nothing has changed.

I have also followed the directions from the manual on resetting the CMOS, but this has not helped either.

Please let me know what needs to be done to get this system backup and running

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Mike
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/21/2006 5:37:00 AM # 2
I am having the same issue, I don't have a solution but I do have a workaround...

Turn off the unit and leave it off with the power supply turned off (or just unplug it) for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Then clear the CMOS. Switch it back on, it may or may not go to the BIOS recovery screen, but if it does anything other than POST, reset it. Keep resetting it until it finally does POST, but remember to give it at least 10-15 seconds to finally come on. You may have to do this a couple times before it works.

This appears to be some sort of thermal dissipation issue with the board (if I had to guess). When my board crashes, i'll either just get a blank screen or that BIOS recovery utility, but when I leave it off for a while, it boots up fine... You just have to reprogram the BIOS quickly before it freezes up again.

Hope that helps.

cainisloopus
Level :
Posted:8/21/2006 9:50:00 PM # 3

The macine has been off for days at a time this weekend and it still only boots to the BIOS recovery.

As I mentioned earlier resetting the CMOS has not helped.

cainisloopus
Level :
Posted:8/24/2006 7:30:00 PM # 4

Ok for those of you who care, here is what I got from Asus tech support:

Please replace the memory modules in other system to use on this T2-P, then power on to have a test. If the error message still appears, please send your T2-P to our service center for testing and repairing.

I hate to say that this worked, but I will say that this is the stupidest way to let someone know that their RAM has gone bad.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.