ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > V1Jp  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]How to reset Bios New Topic
Ellington
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/30/2007 12:45:00 AM # 1
How do you reset the bios on this notebook? I have a friend who can't get it to boot at all or get into the bios to use his recovery disk.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
OS - Windows 7 PRO 64 bit Mobo- Asus P6X58D Premium CPU - Intel Core I7 980 with Noctua NH-U12P Memory - Corsair PC12800 1600 12 gigs Gpu - Evga GTX 460 , 2 Sata DVD burners Primary HD - Seagate 500Gb 32mb cache Sata 2 2nd HD - WD 500gb 16mb cache Sata 2 3rd HD - Seagate 1T 32mb Sata 2 Antec DF85 w/ Corsair 750watt psu Samsung P2770 HD, Logitech Z5500 speakers
Terziev
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/24/2007 6:34:00 PM # 2
You can rest the BIOS settings from BIOS but if want a good answer you’ll be more specific with your problem.

Ð
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/3/2008 9:45:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Ellington Posted: 9/30/2007 12:45:00 AM

How do you reset the bios on this notebook? I have a friend who can't get it to boot at all or get into the bios to use his recovery disk.

Hey Ellington,

I'm assuming it boots past POST before failing to load the operating system and you're just having trouble accessing the Bios. To get into Bios, restart the system and wait a second for the Asus logo to appear. When it pops up, hold the ALT key and tap F2 ( you may have to keep tapping F2 for a bit). The POST screen will then load briefly as it continues to run it's course. Once you see the POST screen, tap the DELETE key and the Bios will load shortly thereafter.

If this isn't what you needed to know, please provide some more details so we can better help.

Ð

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.